p0021 code ???????

wagon dec

Member Number 257
was driving home from joes yesterday and the mil came on in the car ,no adverse symptoms driving perfect so I got to plug it in today and the only code in the system is p0021 anyone ever see it if so whats the fix

P0021 Generic Intake Camshaft Position Timing - Over-Advanced (Bank 2)

From legacy gt

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/help-p0021-intake-camshaft-position-timing-over-advanced-18887.html

DTC P0021 INTAKE CAMSHAFT POSITION - TIMING OVER-ADVANCED OR SYSTEM PERFORMANCE (BANK 2) - H4DOTC

DTC DETECTING CONDITION:
• Two consecutive driving cycles with fault
• GENERAL DESCRIPTION

TROUBLE SYMPTOM:
• Engine stalls.
• Improper idling

STEP 1:
CHECK CURRENT DATA.
1) Start the engine and let it idle.
2) Inspect the output of AVCS advance angle and oil flow control solenoid valve duty.

CHECK:
Is AVCS advance approximately 0 degrees, and the oil flow control solenoid valve duty output approx. 10%?

IF "YES":
Check the following item and repair or replace if necessary.
• Engine oil (amount, dirt)
• Oil pipe (clog)
• Oil flow control solenoid valve (clog or dirt of oil routing, setting of spring, clog of valve)
• Intake camshaft (dirt, damage of camshaft)
• Timing belt (matching of timing mark)

IF "NO":
A temporary malfunction. Perform the following, and clean the oil routing:
Replace the engine oil and idle the engine for 5 minutes, and then replace the oil filter and engine oil.

ye I was reading that colm earlier on but no one seems to have a definitive cure :banghead hope this is not the start of problems or ill burn it

I was driving the sh*t out of it yesterday from my house up to c&c then back down to joes house and it was when I came out onto the main road leaving joes I launched it hard and up through the gears then it came on ??????

it probably isn't I think I will run an engine flush through it incase, could be deposits in the oil galleries feeding the ocv's and change the oil and filter take it from there then

Back