FM Radio signal

AlanMcB4

Sunday Drivers
Lads this thread may have popped up numerous times but here goes!

I bought and fitted an FM radio convertor to my legacy recently. It does receive all of the stations around dublin, however when driving (mainly city centre) the signal is poor, mainly on spin and 104. My headunit is Macintosh. Does anyone else experience this problem or is it just me?

Drives me crazy!! :computer: :computer:

I'm also planning on buying front and rear strut braces for the car. I was told fleebay is the best place to source them. Does anyone know if an impreza brace will fit the Legacy?

Thanks
Alan.

hey alan i havnt seen any strut braces for a legacy on ebay recently but i was given this number before, japanese performance 045 867790 mon-fri 10am-6pm, they supply second hand parts and new, and oem parts direct from japan

try them see how you get on
stevo :subaru:

I have a converter in my impreza and had it in my previous car and the signal is poor a lot of the time and it was the same in my last car.

Alot subaru's have crap aerials. The only thing that worked for me was getting a rubber aerial (halfords) and plug it in at the back of the radio. Then shove the aerial in behind the radio somewhere in behind the dash. Tah dah perfect reception :thumbsup:

[quote author=stevo link=topic=4918.msg53864#msg53864 date=1200073811]
hey alan i havnt seen any strut braces for a legacy on ebay recently but i was given this number before, japanese performance 045 867790 mon-fri 10am-6pm, they supply second hand parts and new, and oem parts direct from japan

try them see how you get on
stevo :subaru:
[/quote]

@ Stevo - cheers mate will give them a buzz now!

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=4918.msg53871#msg53871 date=1200075207]
Alot subaru's have crap aerials. The only thing that worked for me was getting a rubber aerial (halfords) and plug it in at the back of the radio. Then shove the aerial in behind the radio somewhere in behind the dash. Tah dah perfect reception :thumbsup:
[/quote]

@Kanye - will have to try that. My legacy has its aerial built into the rear window so I'd say that ain't helping the reception. All the same AM seems to pick up everything - including BBC liverpool, BBC manchester and a load of foreign rubbish! Will give it a go all the same. Cheers..

Lads how much are these convertor's ???

The reason i ask is you can by new head unit's in Argos for €100
Sure they might not have all the gadgets but they play FM radio and CD's :dunno: :dunno:

Niall.

I think those macintosh radios in the legacys are fairly flash Niall, thats why people don't want to change them.
Plus they're double din & half the dash has to come out to get them out too :shock:

also if you change the mcintosh system be prepared to change the speakers as well as most mcintosh speakers are 8 ohm.some mcintosh systems had clarion speakers so you could be lucky .i sell and fit car stereo gear and even i cant make up my mind what im gonna do myself :ponder:

Back