Vw t5 question

Anto J

Octane Boostaholics
Does anyone know how to fix a dark dash problem? Basically the dash back lights/leds won't come on when the headlights are turned on however the needles on the rev counter and speedo are constantly lit and the backlight on odo and clock are constantly lit. The led works on the headlight switch when in the off position but goes out once turned to on position. The radio/cd works perfect but won't light up either. All warning lights work as normal. No errors showing up on diagnostic but I've tried the headlight switch with no joy.

my 09 t5 was doing that also but rather than fix the 3 page list of problems it had the boss just got me a 142 ,

Say Graham would be the man to ask Anto , knows his vw's to be fair

Unfortunately tommy my boss is me and he's a thick bollox, hasn't an arse in his trousers. They're a grand comfortable van pity they seem to be such piles of trouble

Common fault but doesn't stop it driving. They have bigger problems than that be thankful it's a small problem :icon_biggrin: ye there a savage comfortable van to drive shame there so hit and miss with reliability when they cost so much .

A common fault alright but nobody has let the big secret out yet as to the solution. Already had to change the abs unit which cost the guts of 2k last year

Horrible bill to get Anto I'd say
For a Abs unit
Think you can get them reconditioned In the uk
Make ya sick puke

most of the bosch abs pumps can be bought new without the control unit for €300 ish have done a good few golf/passats.
Have you tried light switch? a lot of them are the same golf passat caddy, not sure about transporter. you might be able to borrow one to try it.
Just push in the switch while turning on to parks and it will pull out easy.
either that or pcb problem in the clocks i'd say.

It's not one I've ever come across. I wonder is it the dimmer switch causing the issue?
Send me your chassis number by pm and I'll check the technical bulletins on it in work tomorrow for you, may or may not be a fix for it. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=43078.msg493872#msg493872 date=1414014371]
A common fault alright but nobody has let the big secret out yet as to the solution. Already had to change the abs unit which cost the guts of 2k last year
[/quote]

Has she ate any drive shafts yet ?

My old one was a sow on them . Van was always running well overloaded which didn't help .

It also ate 2 turbos one gearbox and a solid fortunes worth of rear springs .

Comfy van though

Thanks very much lads for your comments. I've checked the switch but no joy. Good suggestion graham but there's no dimmer on my one seemingly that causes the same fault on some vag cars.

By the way I sent the abs unit on holidays to the uk for a week but it came back the same way. I was at my wits end trying to find the cheap alternatives so in the end I had to just bite the bullet

Good man tommy can't believe your boss bought the same again after all that hardship

Poor maintenance Anto is all I can say . Done as cheap as possible .Must have 50 transporters in the irish operation . Majority have been good vans . Was nearly 300k on my 09 so replacing major parts was to be expected

Fit power system control module 7h0 937 049.
It's a software and module issue.

Need chassis number to be 100% correct.

Have 10k up the new one in 6 weeks since I got it . New 2.0 tdi 140 is so much more refined than the 2.5 5 cylinder job . It's missing the torque of the old engine though

Back