Batt life how long you getting outta them?

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Left motor for 3 days and dead as a dodo when went to go to work earlyer put a 510amp heavy duty halfords in her about 2 years ago

So question is is that normal life span?

Are they sh*t?

& would I be better off with another main brand batt heard varta are good ?

Also if anyone knows where I'll get a good price that would be great

Cheers

Should get longer than that out of Battery being it back if you can . I always go Bosch best make I find s3or s4 I think off hand

Have always used bosch, find them great, you should b getting way longer outof new battery, maybe its all d new bhp u have now ciaran after remap draining d battery,,,turbo: :icon_grin:

Bosch or Varta - both are good.
Go for the "Silver" ones with the gel - last very long and give better start etc.

Cheap batteries is a false economy and only worth it if you know you are moving car on soon. Even then - price difference usually only about 20-30 Euro (sometimes less) between a cheapo one and a good one - and you'd see that back in an easier sale.

In a decent motor factors, a bosch or varta could be cheaper than halfords or around same price.

If you take that back to halfords, they'll just stick it on a trickle charger to see if it will take a charge and then hand it back to you as it will just be discharged.

You need a 510 Calcium battery man, doesnt matter what brand unless your running lights etc. Calcium will hold the charge better for short trips! I can grab you one in work tomorrow, 70 quid after discount if ya like? :yellowthumb:

Ah ok cheers jamie
Yea had 510 in already
yea good offer there dan cheers ill keep it in mind [emoji106]

This problem was happening me recently too - wasn't using car Mon-Wed and I'd try starting it every Thurs for regular trip and it was 50/50 whether it woulod start or do a flashing light ticking display! Got a new battery from Carroll & Roche when it was in for repairs recently - cost €118 I think. Noel said it was a higher rated one than what was in it.

So, I have in my GFiends car this one from Halfords, Car was parked for 6 months in garage, and battery was gone, un-rechargable... thanks god, I fould the receipt, so I got replacement.

In my Impreza I have VARTA, kept my parking lights on over night(by mistake, you know, the little button on your dash), cca 12-15hours, cant remember now, car started up like nothing happened...

Forget about the Halfords crap have replaced a load.
Varta, bosch any decent brand really. Vw dealers doing good trade prices on their oe batteries seem decent and cheap if you don't mind the VW badge

Back