handbrake assembly

tommy 555

Member Number 935
Was changing the disks and pads today today but had a problem with the rear handbrake assembly .The adjuster fell out and the whole assembly went for a wander . Anyway think I have it all back together but I'd rather Check against a drawing or even a picture to make sure I have it right . Any links or sites would be great to check against

Getting ball ache with the 2 retaining pins I'd suppose ya could call them that push through the back of the hub to retain the shoes . Well they ain't holding . May slacken off the hand brake I guess and start from scratch . A little squarish spring has fallen from somewhere now . Fook me . Time for a Miller or 2

It will only get more difficult with the miller... Lol... If you can.. Leave it alone for a while and take a break from it then have a go again....

You can't do any harm by opening the other side to have a look and copy... Just don't press the brake :)

figured out what was up , have to drop up to c&r tomorrow to order one or 2 springs that have corroded and arent doing their job anymore ,

miller was shite 2 , very disappointed with the weekend

[quote author=KENC link=topic=43047.msg493517#msg493517 date=1413744390]
You may go to the pub so.
[/quote]

was tempted just to go to the brewery and cut the Middle man out

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=43047.msg493520#msg493520 date=1413745222]
I have spares there if you want them Tommy
[/quote]

Karma Baz for the offer , will see can i find pics of what im after and post them up here ,

cant find pics , basically there is 2 pins that hold the handbrake shoe to the hub , they look like a nail with an arrow at one end , a small spring sits over this and there is a little retaining piece that holds the spring on , basically the handbrake shoes are under tension from the springs and this causes the shoes to pull away from the hub without this little retaining assembly , you know what im on about ?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=43047.msg493553#msg493553 date=1413758661]
Tell the truth... You drank the miller and lost some if the bits ;)
[/quote]

Lol I wish I had enough for that to be the case ken :beerbang:

Do you have them handy baz

Back