Best way to apply touch-up paint

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So i have had a nasty patch on my bonnet since the FMIC piping popped off one evening and dented the bonnet from underneath outwards and as result the paint cracked off down to the bare metal, its horrible to look at so I'm wondering whats the best way to touch it up until i get around to getting it resprayed, I have a small tin left form when i got my bumper fixed i can use

Theres no good way to touch up anything bigger than a stone chip,but for now get yourself a #0 artists brush in easons-they have a tip like a needle

That sucks.. I'd say just a a small artist brush as mentioned above, it won't be great but won't stand out as much at least.

Some come with quite precise little sticks now, but you can also use a toothpick or cocktail sausage stick?

That's a very chip Dan it's never going to look well or blend in that good to be honest. Re spray the bonnet I.d say :dontknow:

I should have got the front end resprayed this month rather than buying that new intercooler :( hard to just get away with a bonnet respray though!

:put a big Phoenix sticker on it.... Bandit Transam style lol..

That should cover it and only cost about $12
image_zps5e9d0fbb.jpg

Yea dan touch up somewhere ovibious like that will always look rubbish diff if on bumper or somewhere less obvious Ull need I bonnet respray to get it perfect or mabay a strip of wrap?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=42916.msg491938#msg491938 date=1412290706]
:put a big Phoenix sticker on it.... Bandit Transam style lol..

That should cover it and only cost about $12
image_zps5e9d0fbb.jpg

[/quote]

I like you thinking Ken, maybe a few of those big fast and furious stickers might look good too! :)

Mike brewer and edd china may have a few of them autographed stripes left over from the show, would look the job :multijump:

I've the same kind of upward dent, with paint cracked on my aluminium bonnet... Pain in the arse

Back