low RPM acceleration knocking

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Hey,

so I am here again,... my Subbie has a trouble, so lets say in daily traffic, I am going 3rd gear, and slowing down, get my engine at roughly 1500rpm and then wants to accelerate sharply, I hear a weird knocking/rattling noise coming from front. happens on 2nd gear, 3rd gear more noticably, 4th gear as well. 5th Gear at 1500RPM doesnt have that big pull and thus I havent notice it. If I am accelerating slowly, its not apparent and I cannot hear it, but if I want to add more gas rapidly, I can get that noise. its usually between 1500-2000RPM, above that, I do not notice anything.

Also same thing is happening, even more loud, is when I am accelerating at the same RPMs uphill. On first gear nothing, but second, third or fourth, accelerating uphill gives me clear and loud knockign sound.

Now I have noticed this loong time ago(only when going uphill), and I originally thought that it was because I had too high gear for the car to pick up, so I just went one gear lower and higher RPMs and it was ok, but now, since Monday, I have noticed that it began happening even on straights.

So, now, for this time, I will not even ask what it could be, since it sounds very mechanic, so I would like to ask if you guys could recommend me some reliable service in arround Dublin Area +-50km, where I can get this checked, where I will not overpay for bullshit, and where I will get it fixed for good price.

Thank you!

Dave, would you have time to look at it for me? Schedule me time, and I will take day off or whatever and drive to your place :scoobyblueisdc:

so, it seems like dave doesnt have time, guys, please can you advise me where you are going to get your cars fixed if something goes wrong? Good reliable service, that will not charge me fortune?

Also, I can now feel massive power decrease between 1.500-2.500 RPM...

Mkay, since I am pretty desperate, I have booked myself to CArrol and Roche, I hope it wasnt a bad move... its just for Diagnostics, Roo will have to stay parked for a while, as their first available date is 1st October. :icon_cry:

id say dave jus missed this thread . give him a txt /ring , he is usually very good at replys

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=42776.msg490243#msg490243 date=1411132295]
id say dave jus missed this thread . give him a txt /ring , he is usually very good at replys
[/quote]

Yup agree dave the best I've seen at getting back can't do enough for lads

Back