Exhaust

Nibaru

Guys I am new to Subaru and am as technical as my ma with spanners.

My 2002 WRX has been mapped and I am trying to get it back to looking like a family car so the wire will get into it. I am removing the Roof scoop, getting a smaller spoiler and need a quieter exhaust.

My question is if I get a standard exhaust will it mess up the remap ? I don't drive hard, in fact if the truth be told its like driving Miss Daisy.

I am up North of the country and don't want to spend a fortune on a brand new exhaust system to be honest. Can I just replace the back box for a standard one to quieten the beast down ?

It has had a full decat front to back.

How much should I be spending.

Thanks

Yes you can put a quieter back box on
Maybe you could swop with a lad looking for a quiter one :dontknow:
Welcome along :thumbsup:

:smokesubaru

That's a good idea. Do you know anyone who wants mine ? think its a 4 inch pipe. Sounds the ticket but the wife hears me from too far away. lol

Now here is an other one. If it has been decated do you think it would pass the emission test for its mot ?

Won't pass mot without a cat
Cats are up front so your gonna have to replace it all eventually
Stick up some pics of the exhaust or if there's a brand all the better
Lots of lads would love a big noise bag exhaust and if it's good quality it should get you a full std system with cats in exchange and maybe a few quid to spare

It depends man if it still has the cat in the up pipe providing it's a uk wrx and not a jap,i put my01 uk wrx car in for the nct decatted but still had the up pipe cat in and passed no hassle,
If it's a uk wrx it'll have 3 cats 2 in the down pipe and 1 in the up pipe and if it's a jap it'll have the one in the down pipe

Hi yes it is a uk model wrx. It has just been mot,d by the previous owner and he never mentioned any problems with the emissions.

Working nights at the moment so I will get some pics of it tomorrow.

Thanks guys for all your advice.

Back