Emisions

briancollins

Octane Boostaholics
The emisions in my car are way too high, there is no way that putting the cat back in will make it legal.
Plus she is absolutely drinkin fuel lately.
Anyone know wat could be causing this??
Things that come to my mind could be spark plugs, Injectors or fuel filter

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

The lads who have been Subaruing for years will be able to help you more as im only new to them but at a guess id say it may be a MAF problem causing the car to run rich therefore burning more fuel, causing high emissions.
I believe classics have common MAF sensor problems.
I think my car has developed one. Lumpy throttle response when cold and check engine light coming on but goin off the second you hit the throttle. Also hitting fuel cut in fith gear when fut more than half way down.
Ive just ordered a Scanguage II off the net to hopefully held diagnose problem.

Lambda sensor could explain the fueling but Im fairly sure you recently changed that ? IIRC the time your car was mapped Pat said once you get a new Lambda to go into the settings on the hand controler and switch it back on, Did you do that ?

Damo

[quote author=Matt link=topic=4865.msg53035#msg53035 date=1199829708]
Just realised i cant spell Fut :oops: :D :p :ponder:

[/quote]its FUTT... 2 t's ... :roll: :D

Lamda sensor was replaced in september :ponder:
There was no brand nane on it or anythin thought, plus would it be possible to damage it when taking it out to change the downpipe??

I suppose you could damage sensor but you'd have to be careless to do it.
If its a non subaru part, check the connections you made onto the subaru connector.

you can damage lamda sensor if your not careful. but you should get it checked :) or else there is oxygen getting into the exhaust something like a small pinhole in the exhaust system piping :thumbsup:

Back