Ppg gearbox

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
Anyone know can you get a Ppg gearbox with 1-3 straight cut and standard 4 and 5th and also would you have to change drive shafts as we'll as the rear diff :thumbsup:. Only thinking at the moment :icon_grin:

Get it straight cut 1-4 and keep final 5 gear,that way you keep it all standard as in rear diff etc...its gona be noisy..... :icon_grin: :icon_grin: :icon_grin: :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

:multijump: :multijump: :multijump: :multijump: :multijump: :multijump: :multijump:

im not doing anything else to it :falldownlaugh:

I just want to get it reliable :falldownlaugh:

im not spending any more money :falldownlaugh:

im happy with it now :falldownlaugh:

your some man joe what happened to all the above comments did ya forget or was that just for the month you said those things :mechanic: :mechanic:

im only yanking your chain man fair play it would be some yoke with a gear kit + all the other work you've done

Well that's why I was looking for 4/5 standard as most B roads are 4 gear roads but sure it's a case of getting use to it . Now trying to find 1 for sale at the right money is the trick .
Still should work out cheaper than a 6 speed set up as I will probably need something done the road So planing ahead :thumbsup:

@dec I don't think I said any of them things. Maybe 1 or 2 . I.m sticking to the second 1. I want to get it reliable :icon_biggrin: . Listen I say a lot of things But after the gearbox I.m done :icon_biggrin: :thumbsup: oh and a set of 4 pot rear ap brakes then I.m done honest truth is your never really done Finishing a car . But when it's going to be in the garage for years to come it's all worth it :thumbsup:

:multijump: famous last words joe eh :icon_grin: fair play to ya man

82_SubaruWRX1_4SCsynchro.jpg

PPG 5 Speed Box Straight Cut Syncro Kit, Gears 1-4

Enlarge PPG 5 Speed Box Straight Cut Syncro Kit, Gears 1-4
Price: £2349.90 + vat @ 20% (£2819.88 inc VAT)

http://lateralperformance.co.uk/pro...t__gears_1_4/5fddb77214f32977561d2ca1264feb8a

lateral are agents

Not cheap :icon_omg: better mind this box for a while probley go second hand box as i wouldnt pay thwt much for a kit :thumbsup:

They Seem to go for between 1500/2000 sterling 6 speed set up between everything 3k :dontknow:

1500 gbp is around 1900 euro

Most in the Uk that had ppg boxes broke them and just changed to a 6spd... 6spd be a bit easier on the ears too for a road car

Can do the 6 speed on the cheap aswell , just change the ring gear on your rear diff to a 3.54 if uk or 3.9 if jap then retain all your own hubs + shafts, brakes flywheel clutch etc.
ppg would be shocking in a road car

I think the ppg sounds great
Throw the uk 5th in and your sorted on long journeys
It's not a everyday car anyway
Reading some threads on scoobynet some say ratios are better on the ppg than six speed
And anyone who blew them where 420+
Now i know fook all I'm just reading forums :dontknow:
Maybe
Start of with a newage wrx box
Should be alright for the power your looking for
I'd say your standard box is already making funeral arrangements :shtf:

could be colm but sure will wait and see :thumbsup:

@ barry will see how it goes there not that quite but could live with that i think . cheers for the info on the 6 speed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

how much jamie 20/30kg's :dontknow:. not massive and as its not a track car or weight thing shouldnt be a problem .

Back