Rear wheel bearing...?

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hey all,

Another query on a wagon related problem!!! :wall: I've experienced worn rear wheel bearings before on Imprezas... and the usual droan :icon_blahblah:

I've no idea of if/when the rear wheel bearings were ever previously done but I know she wore 18's for while so I'd imagine there not in the best state. There is a slight noise... not much...very little play both north/south east/west in the wheel when in the air... but there is a bloody irritating metal grinding noise that's come into the Rr D/S in the last week that's only really noticeable when I've the window down.

No disc rubbing, no stones, no backing plate left as I cut them off fitting 2 pots and 290mm discs.... and it gets worse when I load the wheel on bends. It does sound like a rubbing disc... but stripped brakes at the weekend and no sign of rubbing anywhere.

Question is... can the bearing get so bad but with no movement in wheel...? but have metal grating noise when driven...? I'm worried it's gotten so bad that it'll damage the hub. :doh:

Cheers,

J.

take the little fella off the headers ya aint going to need them for a while and get him at the wheel bearing :thumbsup: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

slacking its called :nono: :nono: :nono: no grub till it done usually does the trick :icon_grin:. on a serious note dont let it get too bad as you'll need a hub :facepalm

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=42629.msg488303#msg488303 date=1409608238]
on a serious note dont let it get too bad as you'll need a hub :facepalm
[/quote]

That's the fear!

Back