Rear ARB size

gtpeadar

Petrolheads
I have a 22mm ARB , whiteline solid droplinks and whiteline Anti-lift kit at the font of the wagon and its sharpened things up really well but now the rear feels a bit soft. Theres a 16mm ARB at the back so looking at a 20mm adjustable like this:

http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=108485

and links

http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=72805

Am I right in thinking that normally the front is a bit thicker than the rear so 22mm and 20mm would be decent? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers

As above 20 front and 22 rear

But if you have 22 already get adjustable 22 on back and set to hard which will be 23mm.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=42508.msg486837#msg486837 date=1408392313]
Normally the opposite I thought, rear is usually thicker than the front
[/quote]

From factory they aren't ,the front is thicker to make it understeer "safer" to drive

But to get a better turn in go for a 22mm on the rear and try on soft to medium for the road and leave the front bar on soft.

Watch out for lift off oversteer in the wet on medium/hard on the rear bar it will catch you out

Thanks lads. The lift off oversteer is something i'd be worried about. With what i have already on the front, its cancelled out some of the understeer so i dont want to go too extreme with the rear set up and make it too tail happy.
Would the 20mm make a noticeable difference to the "softness" at the back. What I mean by softness is that the front feels lovely and flat in the corners but the back seems to roll more and when you straighten up out of a corner you can feel the back end move back to centre. Sorry, pretty terrible description! :hammerhead:

I know exactly the feeling you're talking about. If you want neutral get a 22mm and leave it on soft and it'll be fine

Baz does the wagon have any more roll in the rear than the saloons?

You would presume they have with the open tail gate

[quote author=DUFFMAN[emoji769] link=topic=42508.msg486886#msg486886 date=1408435056]
Baz does the wagon have any more roll in the rear than the saloons?

You would presume they have with the open tail gate
[/quote]

Not any extra roll. But couldn't be as ridged as the saloon , with all the metal missing in behind the rear seats. That's my opinion , I know some lads wouldn't agree

Back