Sti pillow ball rear suspension links on s204, RA-R

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
Probably one for Eoin.

Is there much extra vibration/harshness or noise from this setup , is it noticeable?

Hard to tell the difference from every other Subaru to be honest. No extra noises or vibration. It probably only makes a difference at the limit which i stay well away from. The chassis does seem a little stiffer than most. It could be the suspension setup i guess.

Thanks it's just I had pillow ball stuff in the back of a car before and it rattled a bit.
It's between the pillow ball stuff or uprated Sti rubber bushes for the wagon as the rear end has 270,000 on it bushing wise. Not sure what to go for

Get your self a second rear suspension from a breaker and strip it down burn out the bushes paint it and poly bush it your self when it's finished install it to your car, I got an energy bush kit out if the USA for under two hundred quid and it was in the wagon for about five years and still perfect

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6[emoji769] link=topic=42431.msg486089#msg486089 date=1407662051]
Will those pillow ball rear arms not widen the track? Are they not longer being off a wide- track newage...?
[/quote]

They are available for gc/gf chassis Jamie

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=42431.msg486086#msg486086 date=1407660692]
Get your self a second rear suspension from a breaker and strip it down burn out the bushes paint it and poly bush it your self when it's finished install it to your car, I got an energy bush kit out if the USA for under two hundred quid and it was in the wagon for about five years and still perfect
[/quote]

Costing about €170-180 for Sti bushes for the whole back end excluding the diff bushes, I don't mind having the car off the road for a bit

That's the way I'd go baz they are not too bad to do either and it's a good chance to freshen it all up and paint subframe and arms etc

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=42431.msg486094#msg486094 date=1407663564]
That's the way I'd go baz they are not too bad to do either and it's a good chance to freshen it all up and paint subframe and arms etc
[/quote]

That's the plan but then again if I got the new links and trailing arms wouldn't have to paint them ;)

Managed to find the diff bushings and Sti gearbox mount on the same site

So every bush for the rear end plus gearbox mount for 335€ delivered all genuine Sti parts

Back