Ebc yellow or red stuff?

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Anyone running either of these any feedback welcome

I've been running yellows on the rear for year and no complaints (but rears do f€@k all braking)

Ie brake disk rotor wear, noise, brake dust level,& effectiness

I'm abit wary of going to yellows after how my Cl rc5+ pads eat my disks

:nono:

I always used yellows front and rear in the wagon at the ring and all and never an issue they are a great around pad

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=42406.msg485771#msg485771 date=1407357058]
I always used yellows front and rear in the wagon at the ring and all and never an issue they are a great around pad
[/quote]

Did you run em daily as well dec?

dont mind dec he doesn't use the brakes he's a gearbox for that :icon_grin: :icon_grin: dont like ebc at all but thats just me after the red stuff pads

I use them daily , a lot of dust from them , good pads though , no extra noise that's just your discs

Reds are useless IMO

When you drove my car Ciaran it was on all Yellows with stock discs... and the discs are fine even after a couple of serious runs - so wouldn't worry about Yellow's eating discs. They're ok and would buy them again, but would find Ferrodo DSP2500 superior as a mixed pad if was doing track days or rally etc. I was also quite happy with the Pagid pads that were on the car when I bought it (running Pagids on the Audi too and quite good).

Anyone ever try the Brembo uprated sports pad (one step up from the normal oem level Brembo pad)?

[quote author=larSTI8 link=topic=42406.msg485774#msg485774 date=1407359403]
I find a lot of dust of yellow, do you dec?
[/quote]
they used to be very dusty but they changed the formula a couple of years ago and it improved but ye they are dusty with the revolutions it didn't matter as they are easy clean but with a spoked rim it would be annoying

@joe I only did the gearbox twice :mechanic: :carexhaust: :multijump:

years ago remember always noticed all German cars where more dusty
isn't there something in them that makes them more dusty someone told me before cant remember what it was :hammerhead:
maybe just pub talk :icon_grin:

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=42406.msg485778#msg485778 date=1407360893]
Reds are useless IMO

When you drove my car Ciaran it was on all Yellows with stock discs... and the discs are fine even after a couple of serious runs - so wouldn't worry about Yellow's eating discs. They're ok and would buy them again, but would find Ferrodo DSP2500 superior as a mixed pad if was doing track days or rally etc. I was also quite happy with the Pagid pads that were on the car when I bought it (running Pagids on the Audi too and quite good).

Anyone ever try the Brembo uprated sports pad (one step up from the normal oem level Brembo pad)?
[/quote]

Felt very good on the spin Charles if the yellows don't eat disks like carbon Lorraine's then I'd be happy enough suprised how the reds are getting bashed
Heard all the formulas were changed on all of them a while back and heard they all improved

Like dec says the dust doesn't bother me as my wheels are nice and easy to clean

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=42406.msg485798#msg485798 date=1407367510]
Red are shite

What discs are you using?
[/quote]

Was using Godspeed grooved disks (on the front)Barry have mtec ones bought and have oem pads but if the yellows won't destroy the new disks like the Cl s chewed up the Godspeed then I might get the yellows for some proper braking power

Godspeed discs are just motor factor discs machined hence why the CL chewed them up Ciaran , they are obviously a better pad but maybe too aggressive for a road car.

We're not saying yellows are the be all and end all of "braking power" but they work well for the money . Just need a bit of heat in the morning before they bite hard. I find the dust bad but as dec mentioned multi spoke rims are a pain to wash :)

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=42406.msg485807#msg485807 date=1407391643]
Godspeed discs are just motor factor discs machined hence why the CL chewed them up Ciaran , they are obviously a better pad but maybe too aggressive for a road car.

We're not saying yellows are the be all and end all of "braking power" but they work well for the money . Just need a bit of heat in the morning before they bite hard. I find the dust bad but as dec mentioned multi spoke rims are a pain to wash :)
[/quote]

Good to know baz cheers (again) :goodjob:

I would agree with everybody that red stuff are pure junk.
Had them before and got bad fade during hard driving.

To be fair I never went back to ebc since so can't comment on the newer stuff.

Plenty of choice out there depending on how much is in your pocket!

Did you price those ebc blue pads? Heard good reports about them.
Can you get pagid blue pads for yours?

No idea on cost, might be dear.....

Cheers to all forbthe feed back

I researched the reds alot and ebc did update all there formula there a while back now the reds are getting good reveiws ( all seem to be in the us??)

But nearly every reveiw on the yellows (and lots of lads here) is very favorable so went with them

Cheers :thumbsup:

Back