Squishy brakes

roakesti

Sunday Drivers
Any takers on the reason. They have been bled the proper way a few times. But I still have to press the brake pedal 2 times before It gets stiff. Don't know if this matters but pads are fine as are discs.
98 impreza gt555 is the car.

It sounds like air in the system man. But if your sure there isn't any air in it I would check for a pad stuck in the caliper carriers iv seen it before and it will cause a soft pedal as the pads don't move freely

Positive I've bled brakes and there is no air in system. And the pads didn't look stuck. How can I check. Do I have to remove pads on each wheel to few them up or wat. Could it be slave cylinder or something else

In fairness to subaru the cylinders don't give a lot of trouble,ye to check the pads you need to remove them from each wheel and when you push back the pistons the pads should move free if they don't that could be your issue I would check that and see how you go

Just out of interest my front passenger wheel beAring is failing and needs to be replaced. Could that be causing the problem.

[quote author=roakesti link=topic=42345.msg485078#msg485078 date=1406748779]
Just out of interest my front passenger wheel beAring is failing and needs to be replaced. Could that be causing the problem.
[/quote]

Yes 100% could cause it.

Also has your car abs? Did you bleed with ignition on ?

Master cylinder don't usually give trouble but I did have a bad one in mine , very spongey peddle ( but didn't have to pump )

So best thing to do is. Change the bearing and see if the peddle is better. If not it is something different

ye that's the best thing to do man ,check all the bearings for lift, the rear drive nuts are fuckers for loosening if all that fails check what I said

[quote author=roakesti link=topic=42345.msg485084#msg485084 date=1406750269]
So best thing to do is. Change the bearing and see if the peddle is better. If not it is something different
[/quote]

Does your car have abs?

I had the exact same problem in mine couple months back it didnt do it all the time about 75% and it turned out bearing was in a real bad way on one side and thats what caused it changed the bearing and ot hasnt done it since

[quote author=roakesti link=topic=42345.msg485240#msg485240 date=1406832713]
Ya car has abs as far as I know. Most do don't they.
[/quote]

type ra and type r's dont

Had you the ignition on while bleeding?

Back