Getting a new system advice wanted

roakesti

Sunday Drivers
I was looking at this cd driveless head unit.
These are the desc and main points. Wat do ppl think

If you're looking to upgrade your car head unit, this device offers the latest technology at a massively reduced price.

These units finally see the end of the old car CD players. No more scratched skipping music, changing CD's or buying expensive CD changers. Now you can put all your music on a USB dongle or SD card and play any tune with ease. Also you can connect this to thousands of devices (like Ipods or Iphones) through the 3.5mm audio input. Add to this the fact that CD players are a drain on your cars power and often have a detrimental effect on sound quality and you can see why these units are the newest tech and the future of head unit systems.

Now simply put all your music on a SD card or USB dongle or use almost any music playing device (like Iphone or Ipod) using the 3.5mm auxiliary input.

This design is a best seller and is made with a super bright colour LCD. These are also very durable and have quality that rivals any of the best brands currently sold in the UK.

The sound output of these units is very impressive due to the built in 200W amplifier. If that's not enough the unit has a high end built in equalizer with pre-set modes or customisation.

This amazing price is for the whole unit, ready to fit with a standard connector. Please note that the fascia on these units is fixed so it's not removable.

Features

Ultra Bright Colour LCD Display
Supports MP3 and WMA Music Formats
Equalizer Sound Control
Auto and Manual Radio Search Functions
Store up to 18 Radio Stations
FM Radio
Auxiliary In - Mono sound, right channel only
SD / MMC Cards or USB Dongle Inputs
RCA Output
4 Channels
Operating Temperature -20C +60C
Storage Temperature -30C +80C
Frequency Response 20Hz – 20KHz
Max Power 4 x 50w
Current <30mA
Standard DIN Size

Also getting front and rear speakers. Not going the route of subs and amps yet

pretty standard setup there. nothing stands out as being unique as in most headunits have all those features these days. What brand is it?

[quote author=roakesti link=topic=42311.msg484755#msg484755 date=1406192020] Add to this the fact that CD players are a drain on your cars power and often have a detrimental effect on sound quality and you can see why these units are the newest tech and the future of head unit systems.
[/quote]

I stopped reading this horse-sh*t at the point above!

Compressed music being played from an sd card better quality than direct from the cd? Give me a break :wall:

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=42311.msg484767#msg484767 date=1406206823]
It would be true if it will play FLAC files
not sure if they do http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC
[/quote]

I don't believe there is such a thing as FLAC for car audio yet Colm - still the domain of high end home stereo systems

That's why I wanted your opinions lads. I didn't say it was a mad ice setup. I was just asking if the cd less drives were any good.

Also the sizes of front speakers are they 6 and half inch or 5.25 inch.

Back