Clutch and flywheel?

DanWRX

Have a shudder on a 2004 blob wrx when engaging into gear when starting off, have searched and pretty sure its just the clutch not grabbing or contaminents on the clutch plate if anyone has had this happen before did changing the clutch fix it and skimming the flywheel or replacing maybe?
Thanks

A couple of good hard starts will clean it up if just contaminents - but the mechanics on here will shoot me down for saying that so keep it to yourself :shhh:

You normally find the clutch starts slipping in higher gears under boost is the first sign that your clutch is on the way out. Any trouble like that?

Have you done it before? Makes sense i suppose, its not slipping in high gears like that so i think it most definitely is contaminants!

Bit jumpy when accelerating hard, as in power comes on in stages? just got the car so its probably just bunged up so im changing all the hoses and a service inc plugs!

Thanks!

[quote author=DanWRX link=topic=42305.msg484666#msg484666 date=1406107947]
Have you done it before? Makes sense i suppose, its not slipping in high gears like that so i think it most definitely is contaminants!
[/quote]

Again I'll be shot down for saying this but yes & it did clear it up :thumbsup:

power coming on in stages is a completely different matter

Highly possible clutch was changed and flywheel was not skimmed.

Or flywheel bearing issue.

Either way its box out.

Text book sort is new clutch kit as no point putting the current clutch disc against a fresh skimmed flywheel. Skim and balance flywheel. Fresh spiggot bearing and whilst in there fresh rear crankshaft seal.

Is it a nightmare to take the box out to do it? like will i have trouble finding someone to do it or is there anyone on the forum that does it?

Thanks for the solutions, think it actually might be getting better the more i drive, and not because im used to it! what would cause it to start in the first place?

thanks guys

Back