Hks ssqv fitting question

roakesti

Sunday Drivers
I've just fitted this to my 98 impreza. But it is very large and hits the bonnet when I'm closing it. Is there anyway to fit it differently to accompany it into the engine better.

My car has the bov that u attach with the vacuum pipe and not onto the ic. That's how this hks one was setup too

The vaccum signal is the small pipe the connection is a boost ( pressurised ) hose

Ya it just has the big fat pipe that comes off the ic and then the small pipe that is on the manifold I think and connect to top of bov

[quote author=roakesti link=topic=42140.msg482393#msg482393 date=1404337549]
Ya it just has the big fat pipe that comes off the ic and then the small pipe that is on the manifold I think and connect to top of bov
[/quote]

Yes but you need to buy the correct valve for the specific year /model so it fits correctly . Did you but it second hand?
Could be off anything in that case

Well lads. That's the pic. I haven't it fully connected yet. But u can see the large connection and the small connection.

how can that be the wrong hose from the i/c, that is how my last bov was connected. it was a forge one.
if thats not the way it should be connected how should it be then, which bracket are you on about.

Because it's the hose for the forge valve not hks

This is a impreza specific hks ssqv including fitting kit bracket and pipe etc.

Yours is missing all that hardware

evypa8aj.jpg

It's sits between the right hand side strut tower and the intercooler so not to foul the bonnet

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=42140.msg482497#msg482497 date=1404398714]
Because it's the hose for the forge valve not hks

This is a impreza specific hks ssqv including fitting kit bracket and pipe etc.

Yours is missing all that hardware

evypa8aj.jpg

[/quote]

This still wont fit the car right. Its for an impreza with a recirculator valve that is bolted to the ic.

My old turbo s Forester came from Japan with a ssqv setup identical to Roakesti's picture (same ic with the soldered pipe) . Ill see if i can come across the pic!

my i/c doesnt have that diamond piece where you can bolt the bov straight onto it. there is a metal pipe coming out of the side of it which a rubber hose fits to and that fits to the flange on the bov, then there is the small pipe going onto the other side of the bov.

[quote author=roakesti link=topic=42140.msg482503#msg482503 date=1404399549]
my i/c doesnt have that diamond piece where you can bolt the bov straight onto it. there is a metal pipe coming out of the side of it which a rubber hose fits to and that fits to the flange on the bov, then there is the small pipe going onto the other side of the bov.
[/quote]

:thumbsup: Bov will work as long as replaced recirculator hose is plugged. Just be sure to have another jubilee clip for the hose connecting to the Bov. My forester was identical i stuck a cable tie around the bov as my mount bracket!

Sorry that's for a different model impreza but you get the idea

Valve still works but has the wrong hose

[quote author=Stevie link=topic=42140.msg482509#msg482509 date=1404400048]
[quote author=roakesti link=topic=42140.msg482503#msg482503 date=1404399549]
[/quote]

:thumbsup: Bov will work as long as replaced recirculator hose is plugged. Just be sure to have another jubilee clip for the hose connecting to the Bov. My forester was identical i stuck a cable tie around the bov as my mount bracket!
[/quote]

so in summary the way i have it setup at the moment is fine and the way it should be.

It will work fine! More than likely my old forester and your impreza dont have the correct fitting kit as the valve can be bought on its own! (Cheaper option as they are not cheap in the first place)

Can you rotate everything 180 degrees and have it sitting between ic and turret? shouldnt be touching the bonnet then.

Back