issue while turning

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Hey,

now this is gonna sound weird and I am not sure if I can explain it properly, but I will try my best.

So when I am going straight, everything is in 100% good condition, but when I reach for example roundabout and going through little sharper(30-40kmh) I can hear scratching noise from outside. Since it happens only when higher than certain velocity, I think it might be the wheels changing angle and then possibly scratch over something... my best bet was that it was Brakes, but I have changed the pads recently, and its still happening. Before I changed the pads, it was happening even during straight drive.

What could potentialy do that, and where can I get it checked? Also, I am getting WRX brakes from one of the lads here, so when I get all four, I will replace it, now the question is, should I then wait to replace the brakes and then see if its still doing and get it checked, or get it checked asap?

Btw: I cannot hear the noise when my windows are closed, only when these are opened and it comes from outside. It also feels, that when I am turning, I am loosing speed way faster than it should be, but again this is my personal feeling, that may not be an actual thing.

Thanks for any adivices

Well, its kinda hard to find... I might need someone to go with me and test it properly somewhere... suspicion is rear... Thing is, last time when I was playing a bit crazy with car and done some handbrake 180ies, it was doing it for a while on straight line as well... after a while(+- 100km) it stopped again

I have got changed brakepads in front for some cheap, just temporarily until I install the WRX's and in rear I have installed both, new discs and pads, and I got the Blueprint off Miksgarage.ie

If it the rear its the parking brake drum on the new discs rubbing against the hubs back plate during cornering. You can take the discs off and bend the back plate slightly to clear.

Back