Help needed!!

Juicy8

Some help needed had my 97 sti out last night for a run and on the way home I brought her on boost it spiked to 1 bar as it usually does for a fraction of a second and fell back to .8 then I heard a large pop and the car got extremely blacky blue smokey and wouldn't build boost and the vacuum on my boost gauge went from 60 down to 25 stopped the car and got one of my mates to toe me back home. Went to strip down the car yesterday as I suspected I may had blown the turbo there was a large amount of oil in the compressor housing of the turbo and in the intercooler and pipes and throttle body and also my intake pipe for the turbo. Checked shaft in the turbo and 0 play so am I right to think that it could be the oil seals gone in the turbo or am I completely wrong in thinking turbo not much experience working on subaru. Checked all intercooler pipes no holes or splits. Any help greatly appreciated :booboo:

not well up on it lift the oil cap and see if there is back pressure and smoke if so could be a holed piston

Back