respray or vinyl wrap ????

jbscooby69

Recently I put a WRX body kit on my 1.6 impreza. Like my car it was green and in the add it looked like the same green abdI thought happy days It will just be a matter of changing all. But true to my brilliant streak of bad look it was a different green :argh: anyway typical irish with there 40 shade of green. I went and got a few spray cans of the same paint as my own 64c but then I discovered someone had already changed my paint colour in the past. So now I need to either do a full respray or I was thinking of just doing a vinyl wrap. So my question is. Which would be better. Has anyone done a wrap or would you still go with paint.

Have you tried getting a painter to match the colour of your car, might save you a lot of hassle

paint.in my opinion. not much difference in price at least i know who doing for 1200 euro.
no wrap. saw few times how lacquer going off during wrap removal....

a basic respray will set you back just about the same as a good wrap, IMO paint is the way to go as all damage would be fixed as where wrapping just covers it up, if you can get to Vinny Byrnes they will scan you paint and match it with no problems, we use this service an good bit and 99% of the time is spot on

Was looking at spraying mine but gonna go for the wrap as it's a ltd edttion car so would be a shame to fook that up.
But if I was you I'd deffo spray it

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=41702.msg477666#msg477666 date=1400073181]
Was looking at spraying mine but gonna go for the wrap as it's a ltd edttion car so would be a shame to fook that up.
[/quote]

so you think wrap wont fook? :icon_grin: iwouls say wrap will fook more :icon_rolleyes:

Cheers lads I'm strongly heading in the direction of spraying. Theres as few dings as a littlr bubble rust in the corners of the boot lid just under the window so paint does seem the best option.

i thought the same about mine, but will probably get it resprayed, as recommended by most on here. If your paint is grand and your wrapping to protect it, that makes sense but wrapping to cover up bad paint work and dinks and rust etc will not look great id say

Does wrap really come off that effortlessly though? Has anyone seen a car that had a full wrap and 3 years later had it removed? Is the paint work underneath left perfect? I would have thought there is a danger it would ruin the paint and you would end up needing paint after anyway?

You don't just pull the wrap off you have to heat it
I have seen a few cars after wrap came off and paint was as good as the day it was wrapped
I'd never pull a wrap off myself I'd go back to the place that did the job
Think it's around 250 to 300 euro to get it off takes a few hours to do it proper
So no I don't think it would fook up the paint
Like everything there is a wrong and a wright way to do it.
Lads that just pull the wrap off at home on there driveway on a cold day will deffo damage the paint.

Posted by: Federal
« on: Today at 07:56:27 PM » Insert Quote
Quote from: keith dublin on Today at 02:13:01 PM

so you think wrap wont fook? iwouls say wrap will fook more

Only risk is if its been recently painted prior to wrap being applied. I saw a promo jeep have its wrap removed professionally that had been painted weeks prior to it being applied. The lads heated it and carefully pulled it only to take half the paint off the quarter. Not there fault as it hasn't been cured properly by bodyshop... But they had one hell of a time dodging responsibility for it and proving it was another parties fault 2 years after it had been applied.

Well if the paint is fresh I would not even think of a wrap as this would prob happen every time
Scoobyke pulled his paint off his drivers door at the track day a fees years ago with the numbers that we stuck on his paint was only a few weeks old
Paint needs to cure
I'd say they had a pox of a job trying to sort that lot of crap out J

Have seen how guys was trying remove black wrap from cars roof. And in some areas lacquer goes off too. Wrap was heated and heat didn't helped at that time
I'm not saying that happens every time but it happen.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Back