Termostat removal

killzone

Whent to take out my termostat this evening, 10 mm bolts but cant seem to get a good grip and its in a pig of a place , has any one taken one of these out ( 2.5 ) 99 reg , any tips greatfull .

What are you using to remove it? Sounds like you don't have the correct tools

Socket set 10 mm , on YouTube the termo on the 2.5 is in a different place , straight up , on mine its got the manifold in the way .

its easier on non turbo that you have.

as said at bottom of pump in front of you.

unless changed is black plastic housing.

Re: Re: Termostat removal

[quote author=killzone link=topic=41587.msg1#msg1 date=1398722692]
No plastic housing, on the end of bottom rad hose ?
[/quote]

alot them black plastic like this. plastic or metal either way its only x2 10mm to remove

7yhere4u.jpg

No I have to go at it from the front behind the rad , bloody more confused now, right hand side of the engine, on the bottom hose , am I looking in the wrong place ?

Re: Re: Termostat removal

[quote author=killzone link=topic=41587.msg1#msg1 date=1398724690]
No I have to go at it from the front behind the rad , bloody more confused now, right hand side of the engine, on the bottom hose , am I looking in the wrong place ?
[/quote]

no.

there are x3 water pumps

other will be as you said up in front of rad with no modine take off pipe on left.

and turbo will be same with the take off for modine

I have been under the again , I can only see possible place for termo going in from the front not up like the pic , the car was sold as a 2.5 with 1.6 on the book begining to wonder , its by the sump with the lower hose going into it , but its a pig to get at.

:clap3: :wrxsmiley Ok to update i had to remove the Radiator to access the termostat, easy job apart from two sheared bolt, rad retainer bolts, no big deal , i have an extractor, one very stubburn hose , will replace it to be on the safe side , with better access i had the termo out in minutes, tested both the old and the new in a pot of boiling water , old one was broken .
I also did a oil change to check for water plus i have no idea when it was done last, dirthy ,but no sign of water, will put it all back together tomorrow , bleed the hell out of it and fingers crossed.
Thanks to every one .

6 weeks

It only took the Apollo 3 days to get to the moon!!

Back