BOV question?

darraghl

ISDC Club Member
My blob sti type uk is still on a standard recirculating BOV But i also got an aftermarket one thrown in when i bought the car,the spring is much weaker in the aftermarket one than rhe standard and i am just wondering can i use the bung off the aftermarket one to blank off the pipe going back to the intake pipe and just have the standard one blowin off into atmosphere?i have no engine mods or the car hasn't been mapped to my knowledge!!

i've been there, with my legacy, and its not worth the headaches!!! my boost was fluctuating, the spring was causing it to leak mid boost, engine light was coming and going and was running rough after a gear change, its set up (mapped) to run with it recirculating, when the car doesnt get the recirculation, it struggles. if you want the sound get a turbo inlet pipe, and intake! youll get the woosh sound no problem!!! wont be as sharp as the blow off but equally as entertaining :D

car in the vid is running the stock B.O.V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgEPgYPFRe4

[quote author=garethmac600 link=topic=41569.msg475826#msg475826 date=1398543427]
i've been there, with my legacy, and its not worth the headaches!!! my boost was fluctuating, the spring was causing it to leak mid boost, engine light was coming and going and was running rough after a gear change, its set up (mapped) to run with it recirculating, when the car doesnt get the recirculation, it struggles. if you want the sound get a turbo inlet pipe, and intake! youll get the woosh sound no problem!!! wont be as sharp as the blow off but equally as entertaining :D [/quote]

Cheers man,i might just do that altogether!

The noise gets old quick! Get a stronger recirculating on if any thing but its not really need at stock boost levels. A forge or turbosmart one are popular options.

Pull the drivers side wing liner down and take the resonator box off, that might get you a small bit more noise without going down dodgy induction kit route

Took out the box in the wing, it does get a bit louder, but not really noticable unless you have a window down, apexi and cobb male a good few for subarus, but other than that your looking at the Chinese products for 40-60 quid, i would try the box in the wing first though and see what you think, free and 10min job so nothing to lose

It just kills the sound a bit that's all.
You can get a replacement piece of intake that bypasses it.. But there is no need..
Can't be any worse than inner wing mounted aps induction kits for dirt and they are very well rated

Think Dave sells these

Re: Re: BOV question?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=41569.msg1#msg1 date=1398690070]
It just kills the sound a bit that's all.
You can get a replacement piece of intake that bypasses it.. But there is no need..
Can't be any worse than inner wing mounted aps induction kits for dirt and they are very well rated

Think Dave sells these
[/quote]

Which Dave?

We dont sell no.

Never recommended cold air intakes.

Does not suit our climate whatsoever. From dirt to risk of driving through water etc.

Have always used RCM trumpet and K&N in bay combo.

Re: Re: BOV question?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=41569.msg1#msg1 date=1398705082]
I thought you sold APS systems.. no?
[/quote]

Only bought in some APS front mounts thru RCM for some projects.
Never Cold Air Kits by our advice or choice.

Back