clay bar and paint restorer ??

stel94

Petrolheads
I know there's a lot off reviews on different clay bars but what would you recommend first time using a clay bar what brand would you recommend and how would you use it ?? also paint seem very dull looking for something to bring it back up not looking for a product that has to be applied by buffer would prefer by hand.

Any suggestion would be great thanks

Best products to use would be the Bilt hammer clay, you get a 200g bar and only need water as lube for this bar saving you money on buying a clay lube or detail spray.

Paint restorer you could use auto finesse triple, it's getting great reviews for the price and ease of use.

You would be best to use these steps

Wash
De tar/de iron
Rinse
Clay bar while car is still wet for extra glide
Rinse and dry
Polish with triple
Protect with wax or sealant of choice.

Both products can be picked up from cleancar.ie

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

both products out of stock on clean car but might be worth a call might have some in store ill use that method :thumbsup:

As Keith said. I have clean car.ie own brand clay bar find it good and can also be used with water.

thinking off going for a clay mitt seem to be getting good reviews easier to use for beginners and last longer than a clay bar

i preferred the bar, ya can't really go wrong keep the bits of bar in warm water to keep soft and keep panels wet,

yep no bother, i think the cleancar own brand you would get 4 pieces out of it

you won't beet it and lovely to polish after, as keith said make sure it's well cleanded and detarred first to make it easier and less abuse on the paint :carwash:

and :needpics:

im gonna get autosmart tardus and auto finesse triple, clay bar and ive got meguiras wax ill get pics up during the week off results
heres a pic as is now but in daylight its dull in some spots and paint feels ruff

Back