Help, Hid kit doing my head in

keith555

Octane Boostaholics
Purchased a hid kit from hid direct last week.

It's for my 05 impreza type uk which come with h1 bulbs.

Instructions say its simple straight forward red wire spade to power on original halogen h1 bulb and black earth wire spade to earth.

Tried this and no joy. Tried replacing lights fuse from 15 to 20 with no joy other than my high been coming on.

Read on threads online you need to take out the drl (daily running lights) connection under the dash but I checked for this and I don't think the type uk would have such a thing.

Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do.

Cheers :thumbsup:
Keith

I checked them direct from battery and working fine.

Going to ring them tomorrow and see can they shed some light. :icon_lol:

Any hids I wired up to my old car, 3 sets was a simple straight forward plug and play type thing, how about if you wire in a relay.. Would this help the situation??

Get a DVM and measure at the old bulb conection for polariy to earth to see which is actually positive at the bulb.For some reason mine were the reversed on my 02 uk car.Positive wire (red) was ground and vice versa. Direct on the battery was fine of couse which proves the ballast is ok.
Hope this helps.

Cheers lads, I tried the vice versa on the wires as I have read a few threads about that problem.

I have ordered a relay harness to wire direct power from battery. Fingers crossed this will solve it.

Relay harness came this morning so fitted it and it sorted the problem. :dance:

Just need to wait until it get dark now to adjust the height on them.

This is strange , I have never seen a kit power directly form the original bulbs wiring , that usually switches a relay box on/off and some kits (h4) hi/lo beam and the relay box is powered direct from the battery.

Must have been left out of the kit .... due to the fact its working now

How much did you pay for it Keith?

Hid direct said that on some cars they need the relay harness but most don't.

They sell them separate to the kits due to that issue.

I paid 50e for the kit and then 20e for the harness.

They ended up sending me a kit what was more expensive than the one I ordered.

Back