flat 4's front mount intercoolers

J

joetypeR

hi guys, i just signed up today so first of all id like to say whats up :wazzup: i was also lookin to find out what the storey is with the intercoolers that is for sale on flat 4's web site, has anyone got one or are they any good?? cheers :thumbsup:

That's true but when you put a fmic on to the a car that had oringinally tm. Your going to get lag because of pipe work even if maped.

[quote author=5door bullet link=topic=540.msg4067#msg4067 date=1160262970]
That's true but when you put a fmic on to the a car that had oringinally tm. Your going to get lag because of pipe work even if maped.
[/quote]

Lag with a decent FMIC is massively overstated. If the likes of Andy F mapps it the lag is minimal and well worth it. But a front mount wouldent be the first mod id do becasue the standard top mount would be better untill you get to a certain level and then TMIC becomes inadequate IMO.

But there are ones that perform well and those that dont and also alot depends on the set up that goes with it. The turbo choice would have a greater effect on lag.

Damo

As renno said. Realistic FMIC is and would be one the last mods you do. I've spent a lot of money on my car and still a FMIC would not be an option. But regards stating DECENT FMIC in your comment i don't think thats much to do with it as in quality of kit.As in saying that your saying putting lag down to maker of kit i wouldn't agree. Prob some better then others but not as clear as lag and no lag. As said turbo choice and existing placed mods has a serious amount got to do with it.

about 600 euro fitted. ive already had the car maped by andy and now its boosting at 1.3 bar, I know there will be lag incured due to the lenght of the run from the turbo back to the engine but if your driving her on and hitting the gears right this shouldn't be too bad. ill prod go for one cant do any harm cheers lads :thumbsup:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=540.msg4070#msg4070 date=1160269008]
But regards stating DECENT FMIC in your comment i don't think thats much to do with it as in quality of kit.As in saying that your saying  putting lag down to maker of kit i wouldn't agree. [/quote]

No sorry I ment some FMIC dont seem reduce the charge temp aswell as others. Most seem to be fine. Ive seen / heard of some intercoolers that where rated at very low levels and must be just for show.

Flat4 is an Autobahn88 kit by the way.

Damo

The standard TMIC is usually ok until about 330 HP or so I was told when I thought about upgrading mine so I'd do other work first. Litchfield's new Type 25 is running 420 HP on a top mount, so I'd leave it alone (or buy an Evo which comes with it in the right place, which is what I did).

make sure they have whatever you are buying in stock before you pay i waited weeks on injectors that were supposed to be in stock, got stories of already sent out, must be lost in post, dog must have ate them etc

[quote author=Dirk link=topic=540.msg4428#msg4428 date=1160773737]
make sure they have whatever you are buying in stock before you pay i waited weeks on injectors that were supposed to be in stock, got stories of already sent out, must be lost in post, dog must have ate them etc
[/quote]

That happend myself years ago. Alot of people on scoobynet had the same problem.

Back