laptop troble!!

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
so ther i was surfin on my toshiba 6483jd7vfnfvkvkvjvj laptop, and when i got up , [like a edjit] tripped over power cable. :wall:
cracked and bent the connecting plug that goes into back of laptop and laptop doesnt seem to be damaged , thank god! :pray:
bottom line , re-shaped plug it in the vice , fits back in smoothly but wit no power. :angry:
brought it back to the boys in pc world  and because he couldn t find a similar connector ,  he gave me a phone number or something to have the laptop collected and repaired.i got kinda thick and stormed out as he siad 'in shop where i bought it 4 month ago' that he had no chargers or way of checkin it , in a computer shop of that size. bull - poo :angry: :angry: :angry:

any advice for a lad in distress???

buy a dell !!!!!
wouldn buy anything else, if anything goes wrong they'll send someone out
to ya no bother an fix it. my hard drive broke and within a day it was fixed and i didnt
even leave my house they came to me!!!!1

you could try dixons they might have something, or DID electrical!!

Sti Garda :smokin:

yea buy a dell pc or laptop on ther website always have good offers going on thats where i got mine havnt had a problem yet had it over a year now :thumbsup:

My older brother fixes pc's and laptops. Send me a pm with the deatils and I'll see if he can fix it

I wouldnt touch a Dell if I was paid to use it!

Hp for me thanks.

I used to work for the company that supplies the engineers for Dell around Ireland. they are sh1t hot at the job. And Dell provide a good warranty and collect and return method for repairing their pc's

I think Mac Mac should buy a Mac :lol:

santarosa_imac.jpg

I use WindowsBlinds and Stardock ObjectDock to make my laptop look like a Mac! LOL LOL

maybe I got a Monday morning item off the production line but it was enough for me to never go buy another one.

thanks lads ,  but u see i have no prob with the  laptop itself, sound as a pound[euro]. :clap:
it was my own stupid fault tripping over powercord which i broke. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

and yeah macmac looked at a mac for mac but mac told mac that mac would not suit mac  so that was a no go on the mac for mac mac.      hope this clears things up. :ponder:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=4732.msg50991#msg50991 date=1198884715]
sold by Dellboys   :D
[/quote]

:lol: :clap: :lol:

can you put up a picture of the connector head? i might be able to help you out if its an older toshiba..have a few power supply's there in work

oh and Dell are sh*t but cheap..I buy about 20 laptops a year and wouldnt use dell again to many warranty issues..flimsey shabby build quailty I pay the extra few bob and get HP...also bought 5 Lenovo ones couple of months back no problems they are basically IBM and they are great value bit bulky but good desktop replacements

Back