howdy all

C

cannonball

hi there subaru nuts, new to d forum.i have 98 sti v5 (jap) for d last 3 months but have not driven it yet.i bought it needing a paint job and my panel beater seems to like havin it around :dunno:...i have been promised it back next week.i have bought clear indicators for it and a set of clear side repeaters.the gold alloys i am not so sure about.there is one problem eating away at me and it concerns the fuel.i have been told it has been re mapped but how do i know .i was going to put a fuel cat on it just to be sure as reccomended by a local subaru dealer .does anyone know anything about these,hi again

Welcome along and enjoy the site!Class username :thumbsup:
You've come to the right place for scooby info and im sure some of the more technical lads will be along shortly to answer all your scooby questions!!!

Hello Cannonball & Welcome to the Club :thumbsup:

If the car has been remapped, the previous owner / car dealer should be able to tell you by whom :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

I think there is something called a "knock link" sensor! That would tell you if your car in suffering because of not being mapped for the right fuel!
I'm sure someone here will clarify that for you!
In the mean time make sure to run her on maxol E5 petrol with a third bottle of NF booster or half bottle of lucas booster ( that's jap spec fuel)
I think your car is one of the most senitive to detination because she's reving hard all the time due to the gear ratios! so dont drive her hard at all unless you are using the above fuel!
Better still get a few more mods, ie. de-cat down pipe, fuel pump, good induction and then get her remapped to suit ans then she'll be an absolute flyer! :thumbsup:
And bare in mind that you can't do any thing to the engine of a scooby without remapping to suit!
Davelegacy(STI Tuning) or Renno (Street Performance) can sort you out with all you need!
Dan

[quote author=cannonball link=topic=4719.msg50678#msg50678 date=1198704890]
hi there subaru nuts, new to d forum.i have 98 sti v5 (jap) for d last 3 months but have not driven it yet.i bought it needing a paint job and my panel beater seems to like havin it around :dunno:...i have been promised it back next week.i have bought clear indicators for it and a set of clear side repeaters.the gold alloys i am not so sure about.there is one problem eating away at me and it concerns the fuel.i have been told it has been re mapped but how do i know .i was going to put a fuel cat on it just to be sure as reccomended by a local subaru dealer .does anyone know anything about these,hi again
[/quote]

Welcome along :thumbsup:

thank everyone for the advice.am i allowed to mention the sub dealer who said a fuel cat will do the job.
i got the nickname cannon ball because i used to have a habit of going through things rather than going around them ie. walls hedges etc... still dats in the past (hopefully) :wall:

Ill put my money on the dealer in Longford  ;) Finnagans or something like that.

Welcome along mate, I bet you can't wait to start driving her!

And most of the dealers are the same, little knowledge, especially when it comes to jap imports!

Back