Classic Impreza or BC5 Legacy Which one to buy ?

J-diddy

Hi lads new to this site and, and Subarus really i owned a classic wrx very briefly... Im considering buying a classic Impreza i want an STI of course but i was wondering which version is the best to buy ? I have a real hankering for the 555 McRae edition if im right, there is that many variations i do get confused, im also considering a BC5 Legacy if i can get my hands on one. Any advice or info would be greatfull...

Kind Regards

James

For me it would have to be classic impreza
Depends on your budget v6 ltd is what is be after
Only leggy I'd have (sorry lads) is the gen 1/2 I'm not a fan of the other ones.
Best of luck with your hunt it's hard to find clean ones as they are getting old now
Keith

Thanks Keith, From a collectors point of view which Classic Impreza would become the Rarest and most sought after, a few years down the line, Its shocking in Ireland the rate Japanese Performance cars are being broke fo parts, soon there will be nothing left...

agree.

bc5 is the gen1 keith has said.

re rarest

not always wat u think.

imo any even wrx ra 93-95 would be rare

re as most

Hi James,
Welcome to the club, go for Legacy, there was a sweet looking Mk1 on donedeal a few weeks ago in Tyrone I think, white, non turbo. Very clean looking from the photos

Hmmm a couple of things to take into consideration here:

How much have you got to spend? I'd love a gen 1 legacy but if I had the money I'd buy a clean typeR!

Is this going to be your daily driver? For comfort the B4 is the job but hard(ish) to source parts for!

How you spotted anything yet or are you thinking of importing?

Its just goin to be something to throw into the shed with some other cars and let it appreciate. I know the RAs are rare enough since they were the base for rally cars which makes them that much rarer as road cars, Missed out on an ra last year for peanuts, should have bought it. I was thinkin of the 555 V2, something in limited numbers

really all depends on what you can find that's in good nick and how much your willing to spend.....

no I didn't buy it, i made up my mind that i didn't need another Scooby project....

welcome along :thumbsup: the most important thing to remember when buying a nearly 20 year is rust its a killer . all other things can be bolted on but if the body is not sound your wasting your time from the start :thumbsup: . good clean cars are thin on the for sale market, as lads know what they are worth and are keeping them . so take your time looking and post up anything your thinking of looking at as someone might know it :thumbsup:

V2 RA v-limited 555 or mcrae would be what I'd buy.

Legacy's In Good condition are to hard to come by now unless you bring it in from Japan... That said... So are clean classics.

Re Scubysub, Rust is what i stay away from i dont get involved with the stuff

Re Jamie, your right, but its the country we live in and the shams that drive the cars that dont look after them unfortunatly.... I remember for years you cud go on DD and have your pick of a classic impreza now there allgone, broke for parts laid up etc

Nobody seems to have asked the most important question James

What is the purpose of buying the car? Are you looking to buy a clean classic to keep in the shed & make money on in a few years? Do you want to buy & drive as daily driver or as a weekend toy?

What is your age profile? A classic Impreza as a daily driver suits most young lads & 'some' auld lads but the majority will find it becomes tedious quickly with the noise, the rattles & the hard sprung suspension

The purpose In buying the car is to leave it in the shed with a couple of other cars And projects I'll eventually get too, let them appreciate while maintaining them ya can't just park a car in a shed for number of years and come back to it expecting to get in and drive, noise rattles hard suspension etc does not bother me at all, I'm 23 with a wide taste in cars I'm not your typical car enthusiast I have quite a quircky taste in cars mainly jap some euro stuff too

Nothing special really, Have a drift car and a track day car which get used when i can some seat time, 2 DA6 xsi tegs and a DB8 teg Type R which are projects and will eventually get to them and finish them off, I have a deal done on a mint Volvo 850R so hopefully that will be going into the shed soon please god took me a long time to find a manual one. Plans are to get a BC5 legy turbo and a classic impreza sti after i buy the volvo when i can raise some more funds.....

Very nice collection you got going there, is the 850 a saloon or an estate? Have a bit of a thing for them, they're like hens teeth doh, where did you source it?

saloon, went to buy it last year never did something else came up, but i know who the new owner is... It was just pure luck i came across it tbh

Back