subwoofer help

marksscooby

Petrolheads
hi all, i want to ask you about the following: i bought a sony head unit, and a blaukpunkt subwoofer 600 watt max, i have sub out leads from the head unit, and the subwoofer connections are black and red, what type of leads do i need to use this from the head unit :ponder:

As above, and the more you pay for the leads, the better the sound. Buy a full amp wiring kit, everything you need will be in it :thumbsup:

Yeah buy a fusion amp wiring kit that will contain all you need including 5m RCA leads to connect sub/amp to head unit.
They do 2 or 3 different types of kit.
The only real difference being the size of the power cable.
So depends what size amp your gonna run on it and also the size of the terminal on your amp where the power cable connects upto(check this before you buy).
I have a 4Awg amp wiring kit and the power cable is huge, its about 35sq in electrical terms.(size of index finger) Good for 1000w amp.
Think they do a 6 or 8 Awg kit which is probably suited to your usage. upto 600w or so.
Or if your creating a monster Earth moving system, go for the 1Awg kit where the power cable is about as thick as one of these fingers :twofinger: on a giants hand.
Ive installed a few monster systems in the past with over 3kw of pure madness so give me a shout if your stuck :thumbsup:

Back