BMW 318ci Coupe

hi brian the one you are talking about is a e46 318 ci coupe, very nice shape, a friend told me they are very reliable compared to the e36 :thumbsup:
most of the e36 coupes are wrecked from drifting and doughnuts :lol:  the e36 is the old shape, and the e46 is new shape have a look on carzone, you will see the difference the e36 ended in 99 and the e46 replaced it  :) if your buying that car it is a good buy :thumbsup:

the mother has a 05 one and they're a nice car to drive. nice bit of poke in her too to be honest, and is good and torqy. Better to get one from an older owner so that, as has been said, it hasn't been drifted the shite out of it!

This one is just registered in ireland, the owner is in his 30's and says it done alot of motorway miles in england :dunno:
I've heard mixed stories about them, some say they have a bit of power, some say they are dead :dunno:
Anyway i'm goin for a look at it on friday to see!!

hey brian huzzy has just bought an 04 one of these and seems to love it you could send him a pm or if i can make it to the meet in cork on sunday he'll be with me so you can ask him about it :thumbsup:

[quote author=marksscooby link=topic=4715.msg50641#msg50641 date=1198676309]
but the e36 gives a lot of trouble
[/quote]

what are you basing this on? look how many are still on the road now well into 150k and on

Have a 05 318 and never a bother with, it its hard to stay awake in it so smooth and comfortable would recommend them :thumbsup:

used 2 have an E46 318ti compact, lovely 2 drive when it drove :cry:

every other week it would burn out a coil, BMW always replaced no quibbles under warranty but they couldnt fix the problem r even find out why it was doing it. So I bought a E46 M3, had it for around 18mths with no probs what so ever.

hold the DSC button in till all the warning lights come on, then find out how much fun the beemer is :dance:

Nice car alright

i was thinkin of geting one of these myself a while back

there all show and not much go a mate of mine has a 00 325i

and it doesnt really get goin untill adout the 70 mark.

Da mother has a 99 convertable 318i
It defo has an open dif and it wasn't very fast! and after giving the car a good roasting it ticked and smelt really bad for a good while afterwards.
The E46 coupe is a very good looking car and comfy to but it's no sports car!
Best of luck with her!
Dan

my best mate swears by them so much so he has 3 :shock: but by far the convertable has to be his best

i had the e36 m3 and it drive me insane its too heavey a car for my liking and wasnt as fast as i thought

Drove it today, unimpressed is an understatement.
Very unresponsive throttle in them, maybe just coz i wasn't used to it.
Lovely looking car though

Back