PDA

View Full Version : Undersealing

gerry
06-03-2014, 22:18
Has anyone got it done.. Is it expensive?

Mad Paddy RS
07-03-2014, 15:49
Check out cleancar on ere,site sponsor

They sell it,easy enough to do even easier with a ramp

davelegacy
07-03-2014, 19:04
Your car is already factory undersealed.

Problem with undersealing a non stripped car is it goes over absolutely everything.

Hate to see it.

scoobysub
07-03-2014, 19:09
See gerry your car has being undersealed twice :icon_biggrin:.

On a serious note are you planing on doing everything or just the floor pan and some places just spray everything and it looks very bad :thumbsup:

Kilfree
07-03-2014, 21:26
Why not just power wash thoroughly then apply clear wax oil to the under body . Factory underseal is better left on as it's far better than any after market product.
Any one do this on your car?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

wagon dec
07-03-2014, 21:54
as above never remove the factory sealer as it was applied when the shell was brand new and in a temperature controlled room ,get it up high and give it a thorough wash and spray on wax oil it will be grand then

blacktar
07-03-2014, 22:11
the oe black underseal under the arches has pealed on mine (irish blob wrx) over time, i was going to power wash off and just redo under the arches with black stone chip, what ye reckon :dontknow:

keith dublin
07-03-2014, 22:26
Is there any place around that will do a under wash
Seen one in clondalkin near C&r that do a nct under wash think you just drive onto it and hey presto

CARLO
08-03-2014, 00:23
If it's the statoil Keith think they changed wash back to brushes. Used to be brilliant one with d**** like yokes but gone afaik

:smokin:

gerry
09-03-2014, 14:03
Your car is already factory undersealed.

Problem with undersealing a non stripped car is it goes over absolutely everything.

Hate to see it.

Is there anything that could be put on the metal parts or this a take off sandplast paint job

larSTI8
09-03-2014, 14:21
if you want it done right, its a pain in the hole unless you strip it right down and I mean everything fuel tank the lot,

mine had no seal whatsoever really as its jap,

davelegacy
09-03-2014, 16:25
if you want it done right, its a pain in the hole unless you strip it right down and I mean everything fuel tank the lot,

mine had no seal whatsoever really as its jap,

As above.

And thats a lot of man hours. About to start nialls 22b. Will keep a photo log.

RS-RA
10-03-2014, 06:57
the factory under-sealer was pretty capable untill we had to start using salt hear. the effect it has had on cars is frightening. i don't think you'll ever be able to stop it, but one remedy which seems to be the best is underbody waxing. i've done a few now and it looks very similar to the wax that came on the uk spec series 1 legacy's. its a messy job, but worth while imo. i recently had back in a car that i done last year, its an every day driver and he lives up the side of a mountain. the car was covered in muck and grit underneat, when i cleaned back an area the sealer was still perfect.
i used a mixture of wax they use on boats and rust inhibitor. it was recommended by an old guy i know that has been doing vintage stuff for years and has tried everything. its not nasty like and shultz, it dries an off clear/yellowy colour and could be removed with a diesel jet wash if you turned the heat up where you normally wouln't have it. one pic of the sealer the other is a whiteline bar that the salt got, you can just make out the flat out sticker

Ciaran WRX
10-03-2014, 08:34
Thats the job ciaran i was talking to you bout this few months back let me know when u got a gap in jobs ill get the motor round to you :thumbsup:

Ciaran

toyscrota
23-08-2014, 20:10
Gerry what did you end up doing in the end?

Mine being a jap has no underseal either and I want to do something. 3M underseal? Stonechip?
Any advice lads, thanks.

gerry
23-08-2014, 20:31
havnt done anything yet on it. its not bad but its on my to do list. car is still only 2006 yet

SCOOBYCOLM
23-08-2014, 20:36
http://www.mjsdistribution.com/content.php?page=rusco_shop

Go there lads for stuff :thumbsup: