Undersealing

Your car is already factory undersealed.

Problem with undersealing a non stripped car is it goes over absolutely everything.

Hate to see it.

See gerry your car has being undersealed twice :icon_biggrin:.

On a serious note are you planing on doing everything or just the floor pan and some places just spray everything and it looks very bad :thumbsup:

Why not just power wash thoroughly then apply clear wax oil to the under body . Factory underseal is better left on as it's far better than any after market product.
Any one do this on your car?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

as above never remove the factory sealer as it was applied when the shell was brand new and in a temperature controlled room ,get it up high and give it a thorough wash and spray on wax oil it will be grand then

the oe black underseal under the arches has pealed on mine (irish blob wrx) over time, i was going to power wash off and just redo under the arches with black stone chip, what ye reckon :dontknow:

Is there any place around that will do a under wash
Seen one in clondalkin near C&r that do a nct under wash think you just drive onto it and hey presto

If it's the statoil Keith think they changed wash back to brushes. Used to be brilliant one with drape like yokes but gone afaik

:smokin:

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=41020.msg469581#msg469581 date=1394219084]
Your car is already factory undersealed.

Problem with undersealing a non stripped car is it goes over absolutely everything.

Hate to see it.
[/quote]

Is there anything that could be put on the metal parts or this a take off sandplast paint job

if you want it done right, its a pain in the hole unless you strip it right down and I mean everything fuel tank the lot,

mine had no seal whatsoever really as its jap,

Re: Re: Undersealing

[quote author=larSTI8 link=topic=41020.msg1#msg1 date=1394374873]
if you want it done right, its a pain in the hole unless you strip it right down and I mean everything fuel tank the lot,

mine had no seal whatsoever really as its jap,
[/quote]

As above.

And thats a lot of man hours. About to start nialls 22b. Will keep a photo log.

the factory under-sealer was pretty capable untill we had to start using salt hear. the effect it has had on cars is frightening. i don't think you'll ever be able to stop it, but one remedy which seems to be the best is underbody waxing. i've done a few now and it looks very similar to the wax that came on the uk spec series 1 legacy's. its a messy job, but worth while imo. i recently had back in a car that i done last year, its an every day driver and he lives up the side of a mountain. the car was covered in muck and grit underneat, when i cleaned back an area the sealer was still perfect.
i used a mixture of wax they use on boats and rust inhibitor. it was recommended by an old guy i know that has been doing vintage stuff for years and has tried everything. its not nasty like and shultz, it dries an off clear/yellowy colour and could be removed with a diesel jet wash if you turned the heat up where you normally wouln't have it. one pic of the sealer the other is a whiteline bar that the salt got, you can just make out the flat out sticker

Attachments

• sealer.jpg
    sealer.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 127
  • rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 126
  • sealer.jpg
    sealer.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 127
  • rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 124
Thats the job ciaran i was talking to you bout this few months back let me know when u got a gap in jobs ill get the motor round to you :thumbsup:

Ciaran

Gerry what did you end up doing in the end?

Mine being a jap has no underseal either and I want to do something. 3M underseal? Stonechip?
Any advice lads, thanks.

havnt done anything yet on it. its not bad but its on my to do list. car is still only 2006 yet

Back