Forza 5 car packs

some cool cars there alright , but i am in my arse goin to spend money on car/track packs that should be in the game to start with . how many cars/tracks are missing from previous forza . LOAD of my bollicks .

ALL add ons should be free . having to pay for add-ons is a joke if you ask me and something that i will resist for as long as im able to

Thats the way the games have gone mac forza 5 and battlefield I got the season pass all download content cheaper than buying on there own with the amount of use and years I get outta them games its good value

And no not free buy (turn ten - forza) send me unicorn ( cars u cant buy in game) all the time

lads you need to drop the consoles, and get gaming on PCs - it works out so much better in the long run. Plus the price of games is fantastic. You also get better graphics, higher resolutions and better fps. You can still use your xbox joypad also.

Also with the oculus rift you can really be inside the game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ6iX2Tqwx8[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QotkuvTOOv4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yea heard bout that looks great and agree pc gaming is better graphically but theres a big problem

You gotta have a serious set up to play recently released games as the power , processing speed , ram ect ect gets out dated very quickly meaning if you can play them at all or you might have to reduce the spec graphically

The cost of a "good" setup way exceeds that of even the next generation consoles and with the consoles once you buy thats the main cost done till next generation of them arrive (xbox 360 7 years) and the developers work to each system be it ps4 or xbox one

Main reason I prefer console is theres no messing about chuck in disk any your away

Check out the xbox one head tracking very impressive too

I hear ya about the cost, but I think it balances out alot better in the longterm.

For instance - my PC cost 900 euro 2 years ago, and it plays BF4 at 1080P 60FPS with dual screens. The game cost me 30 euro. I could also easily plug this into my TV same as my xbox 360, as it runs over HDMI and I could use an xbox360 wireless pad. You can also surf ISDC on it :thumbsup:

Now lets take the Xbox 1
Console = 500 euro ? BF4 for same console = 65euro ? how much is xbox live ? say 50euro. All rough guesses here as I'm sure you could probably get a deal on all of it. My point though and I think this might have changed recently, but the xbox 1 couldn't play BF4 at 1080P 60 FPS ? it could only do 720P at 60. Again this might have changed, but the thing is my PC can play even higher again at no cost 2 years ago ? So roughly 300 euro in the difference, which over the course of buying games at a bigger discount, I think the PC takes it.

It might look like I'm one of these PC gamer elite feckers, but ironically, i have tonnes of consoles old/new and even 2 arcade machines in the gaff and I think the Xbox360/PS3 era was one of the best however I think the way technology has gone, that the new generation of consoles really have a tough fight on their hands to give gamers the ultimate gaming experience.

I haven't even mentioned the prices of PC games vs consoles yet, but lets just say they are always at least 50% cheaper.

Free on pc "wink"

Fair points made above man however the xbox one ps4 ect will be able to play the latest games for years to come ( as shown by the xbox 360 and ps3 the devolpers only max out the hardware in the last few yrs of the consoles shelf life)
A current pc would unlikely be able to play a new game released 1 year from now thats the point I was making above

Each to there own but I like the xbox live set up ect more fun less of a solo thing than pc just my two cents

I used to be a play pc games but the constant upgrades required every 18-24 months can all add up. Also decent monitors x 2 or 3 for ultimate gaming experience! Also ur a bit of a lone wolf on PC gaming. Not very mate friednly if ur having a few mates over to have a 4 player game of Fifa or some multiplayer forza etc. Graphics will always be better on PC. But u can't beat the consoles for pick up and play benefits. New releases are always a few quid more on the consoles. U can trade them in though which u can't do with PC games. I don't like the fact u have to pay for new dlc content and I rarely do anymore.

I have both but prefer console gaming. Everyone has their preference.

[quote author=midlandbe5 link=topic=40986.msg469406#msg469406 date=1394131229]
What are the costs of the map packs/dlc's on PC?
Are they same as console?
[/quote]

I generally don't buy dlc - but I did buy recently the Premium membership for BF4 - it cost 30 euros. Did a quick check there and it costs 40sterling on PS4 on amazon.

[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=40986.msg469407#msg469407 date=1394131547]
Free on pc "wink"

Fair points made above man however the xbox one ps4 ect will be able to play the latest games for years to come ( as shown by the xbox 360 and ps3 the devolpers only max out the hardware in the last few yrs of the consoles shelf life)
A current pc would unlikely be able to play a new game released 1 year from now thats the point I was making above

Each to there own but I like the xbox live set up ect more fun less of a solo thing than pc just my two cents
[/quote]

Obviously you can do free on any system, but theres just no need on PC as the games are stupid cheap. I think there was a humble bundle I paid 3 dollars for, that gave BF4, Dead Space 1,2,3 , Mass Effect 1&2, Burnout Paradise, Medal Of Honour. Seriously no need for dodge copying.

"A current pc would unlikely be able to play a new game released 1 year from now thats the point I was making above" - sorry to pull the sentence out of the quote, but just for reference my 2 year old PC was playing the TitanFall beta 100% with no issues at full graphics. Rember that the PS4 and XBOX1 are now using similiar architecture to a PC they are also using medium level graphics cards with a fraction of RAM when compared to a PC.

PC gaming is certainly not a solo experience - and I'll answer that after the next quote :icon_grin:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=40986.msg469413#msg469413 date=1394132990]
I used to be a play pc games but the constant upgrades required every 18-24 months can all add up. Also decent monitors x 2 or 3 for ultimate gaming experience! Also ur a bit of a lone wolf on PC gaming. Not very mate friednly if ur having a few mates over to have a 4 player game of Fifa or some multiplayer forza etc. Graphics will always be better on PC. But u can't beat the consoles for pick up and play benefits. New releases are always a few quid more on the consoles. U can trade them in though which u can't do with PC games. I don't like the fact u have to pay for new dlc content and I rarely do anymore.

I have both but prefer console gaming. Everyone has their preference.
[/quote]

I haven't upgraded yet in 2 years, nor have I even needed to overclock. Which is free, and will be the first thing I look at when games start to run sluggish.

I hear what your saying about lone wolf gaming, but in my experience and 11 other mates, its been the complete opposite experience. We (my mates) were the generation who couldn't buy homes near where they lived, so sadly my friends are scattered all over Dublin and county Dublin and further again which makes it a bit more tricky to just call round for some FIFA. Its actually become easier to stay in constant contact with things like Xbox Live and Teamspeak and being able to play together and shoot the breeze etc. Steam is pretty much the same as xbox live at this stage, and has free memebership. You have you friends lists, party chat etc and with steam big picture you can plug it straight into your TV over hdmi, and just use a joypad to scroll through everything and pick what games to play.

Heres a snippet of BF4 with some of the lads - also the voice quality is so much clearer on the PC
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n38094kygnA[/youtube]

I think its really a shame though, that a game on PC can cost 30 euro, but on console is more that double that, i.e. BF4 and I'm sure its not the only example.

Anyway - huge apologies for derailing the thread. I'm outta here :smokesubaru :subaru:

Back