B4 MAF

E

elusiveguy

Hey guys,

My maf failed 2 months ago and was replaced by a Main Subie dealer. Tonight, 6k kms later, it seems to be gone again, same symptoms...

So a few questions, do Subaru offer any comeback on this sorta shite?

Are MAFs generally this bad?

And could Lucas Booster have anything to do with it?

have you got an induction kit on it?
No the lucas is good for your car,
as far as i know only the MY99-00 imprezas have probs with the MAFs,what year is your car?

I've read about the oil on some kits screwing e up alright but mine is boggo atm. Standard intake.

Yes you should have a subaru warranty on any products bought
from a main dealer.

MAF sensor's normally would last a way longer !!!

Lucas after pro-longed use would eventually affect your plug's
and Lamda sensor .............as would any octane booster.

I had alot of probs like that until i got my car mapped.

Basically when you use an Octane Booster, when it burn's it can
leave an orange film/ dust........ which eventually will dirty plug's , lamda sensor etc...

If you look in side your exhaust and see this orange film/dust then you'll know that your using too much.

Are you sure it's your MAF ???

Niall.

I'm not 100% but its the same sh*t as before. At the moment I have no build up on the exhaust.

I'm not 100% but its the same sh1t as before. At the moment I have no build up on the exhaust.

Well that's fine so.....

I take it that your car is running lumpy or hesitant on acceleration ?

If your MAF was gone you would probarly notice that car would not idle correctly it would keep revving
up and down ..............so maybe it's the O2 (lamda sensor) or dirty plug's .

The difficulty when a car is not running correctly is to find what sensor is causing the prob.
might be no harm to go back to the main dealer and see will they run a full diagnostic check for ya.
Hopefully they would do it for free considering and if not it should only cost €50.

Niall.

I have a bad idle, bad enough that the car won't idle at all cold, just cuts out, hesitation on acceleation, bad overrun and she's drinking juice.... have it home now anyway so off the road til the second when when the dealer opens again

right, few months down the line and it's gone again.... 3 sensors in 6 months! Anyone know why this would be happening???

Could be fuel filter? its in the tank on the b4..best thing you can do to eliminate all issues is go down to C&R and get a diagnostics done...40 euro leats you know where you stand..eliminates guess work..this will show up any sensor errors..then I would get it mapped.

TAKE OFF THE PANEL UNDER YOUR STEERING COLUMN-ONLY ONE SCREW AND TWO PLASTIC CLIPS. THEN OVER TOWARDS THE CENTRE CONSOLE IN THRIUGH ALL THE WIRES YOULL FIND TWO SMALL BLACK PLUGS-JOIN THEM AND TURN IGNITION TO ON BUT DONT START THE CAR-THE CEL WILL FLASH. THEN CHECK THE CODE ON THE SITE-MOST SEEM TO HAVE TURNED UP AT SOME STAGE. EXAMPLE OF CODE; 3 LONG FLASHES+2 SHORT ONES=CODE 32-O2 SENSOR. CEL CONSTANT EVEN FLASHES=OK CODE

Back