Android Head Unit

garry17

Sunday Drivers
Had been thinking on putting an android tablet into my yoke but came across some Chinese android head units on ebay...anyone got any experience of these. .are they much cop or a waste of money?

I wouldnt waste the money you can get a Pioneer one for 350 euro in Halfords or 315 with discount card. How much is the ebay one?

chinaviason do some good ones for decent money

had one before , does what it says on the tin but quality and fitment werent spot on so i went back to singl

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=40905.msg467811#msg467811 date=1393097201]
I wouldnt waste the money you can get a Pioneer one for 350 euro in Halfords or 315 with discount card. How much is the ebay one?
[/quote]

What model is the pioneer one...might be interested in that

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=40905.msg467938#msg467938 date=1393176900]
[quote author=garry17 link=topic=40905.msg467936#msg467936 date=1393176679]
[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=40905.msg467811#msg467811 date=1393097201]
[/quote]

What model is the pioneer one...might be interested in that
[/quote]

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/s..._productId_991017_langId_-1_categoryId_212488
[/quote]

Cheer...will go in and have a look this evening or tomorrow on the way home :yellowthumb:

It's a great unit Garry
Was looking at used ones but for a few quid more your getting all the mod cons and I like the way it's a full 7" screen
350 without discount or 315 with it is a great price for it imo
But it won't be that price for long it will be back up to 600+ soon

Lads,

Thanks for the replies,

Didn't get into halfords today.... hopefully tomorrow

Quick queries.

Are Apps downloaded onto the Head unit or is the head unit making use of the Apps on your phone and just linking to the phone?

How do you go about getting a Halfords discount card?

Thanks

Garry

think the apps come from the phone
Not sure on the card think you have to be insured by Ada and they give you a card
Not 2 sure but if you find out let me know as I'm dust about to buy this unit and it would be nice to get a few quid off
Cheers
K

my Axa discount card gives you 10% off in Halfords, If anyone wants to meet up and borrow mine, let me know :) She tried to say to me she doesnt think they do discounts on electronics anymore but i told here when i rang to reserve one the guy on the phone said i still could.

You install an app on your phone and that will support Pioneer approved apps for the headunit They have about 30 apps or so at this stage. You can however "hack" the software to make it much more useful basically allowing you to mirror your phones screen on.

There is an app called Appradio unchained for Android that lets you do this but you need to have your phone rooted. If you know how to root your phone you should be able to get this working.

Back