Red Subaru four pots?

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
Have to get a front drivers side callipers for my 2005 wrx. The one in the picture. I rang a few breakers and one lad told me they never came standard in red, always grey... And all red ones are painted??? I really thought he was wrong so I'm asking the pro's? Is he right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
:ponder: why you need a front caliper first thing, are the pistons seized or what . yes they came in red from the factory :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All I know is mechanic said something about pushing it back on a vice and that someone had been at it before? How much is it to re build? And who or where does it and how long it take. I can't be without the car so second hand is obvious choice for me. 70 euro delivered??

second hand 1 could seize after a week same story again . rebuild kit will be around 50 quid delivered thats stainless steel pistons and seals done for another 150000klm . would do them in 4 hours :thumbsup:

Have one ordered now anyway, and it's coming in grey! Once I have it I can rebuild old one then and have it there. Anyone know what red is on them, as in colour code, will have to spray it!

ye that's what iv used mine were all grey unpainted cast iron when I got the car so I used that because I work in a ford dealer I had it there but its a nice red just make sure you lacquer them after you paint them

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=40895.msg467619#msg467619 date=1393012947]
he is right to a point they came red on the hawk wrx only afaik the rest were grey
[/quote]

Mine are red to dec don't think they were ever painted jeazus I thought that was factory colour :dontknow:

godspeed does kits.

imo though only buy the pistons of them. as the seals are not genuine. dont like fit.

so pistons of them and seals and clips from subaru imo.

[quote author=blacktar link=topic=40895.msg467801#msg467801 date=1393093648]
Did the 05 wrx's have the red calipers?
[/quote]
Yes

The grey one arrived and on the advice of dec I got my ford radiant red and.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
Back