which kyb struts for 2006 blob eye sti

Pedro555

ISDC Club Member
lads, have blob eye sti, irish car year 2006- looking to replace rear struts (knocking) - i have replaced top mounts already, knocking still there (left rear)- subaru parts number 20360fe900/ 20360fe910-subaru are charging 500 euro a corner- camskill not much better so dont want to pay that- have heard of loads of lads fitting kyb at half the price- can't match any kyb shock with the oe subaru part number- does anyone know which kyb strut will fit my car and which ones are best and where can they be bought- which are best eg ultra sr, exels, gold, thanks

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=40853.msg467215#msg467215 date=1392762895]
Do a search for greasing newage sti shocks its a very simple job to do and a lot cheaper
[/quote]

tried this also, didnt work, left rear shock is shot, leaking etc- been told kyb pair can be got for 200 sterling but cant find any to suit my bus only up to 2004 model :banghead

I was in contact with KYB directly to see if they could do any shock for my 2007 STI Hawk as have the same problem in the rear. The answer I got back is that they are under license to Subaru and cannot be sold after market on the 06-07 STI model. Also was on contact with Camskill to see if they knew if any of the other shocks would fit and they said they're different.

Dave, if you have better info on a partnumber that could work for the Hawk STI please let us know... Many thanks!

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=40853.msg467309#msg467309 date=1392809122]
I was in contact with KYB directly to see if they could do any shock for my 2007 STI Hawk as have the same problem in the rear. The answer I got back is that they are under license to Subaru and cannot be sold after market on the 06-07 STI model. Also was on contact with Camskill to see if they knew if any of the other shocks would fit and they said they're different.

Dave, if you have better info on a partnumber that could work for the Hawk STI please let us know... Many thanks!
[/quote]
thanks keadeen, I had found that out also , apparently its just the 05, 06 and 07 model thats in limbo , shocks can be got from kyb for 08 on model and up to 2004 model, also been told the rear shocks are different on the 05,06 blob compared to 04 blob for some reason?? Scoobyclinic do different rear struts for it which should work , a pair are 300 sterling and work on the hawk eye sti too, much cheaper than subaru oe ones which are 515 euro for one!!!, I wait and see how dave gets on, thanks for info and check out scoobyclinic

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=40853.msg467348#msg467348 date=1392834770]
Coilovers all around instead :icon_lol:
[/quote]
yeah looking more like coilovers everyday, by the time I fit lowering springs and new oe struts im at coilover money so may just bite the bullet, alot of money though :argh:I

[quote author=Pedro555 link=topic=40853.msg467216#msg467216 date=1392763132]
tried this also, didnt work, left rear shock is shot, leaking etc-
[/quote]

have a full set of widetrack shocks in the yard ,if you want the rear left your more than welcome to them if you want ,not leaking or anyting else , if they get you out of a hole till you get sorted ,

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=40853.msg467373#msg467373 date=1392841295]
[quote author=Pedro555 link=topic=40853.msg467216#msg467216 date=1392763132]
tried this also, didnt work, left rear shock is shot, leaking etc-
[/quote]

have a full set of widetrack shocks in the yard ,if you want the rear left your more than welcome to them if you want ,not leaking or anyting else , if they get you out of a hole till you get sorted ,
[/quote]
tommy ur a gent, ill buy the rear set off u if they fit my car, are they the same subaru oe part number as listed at start of thread, ?.thanks a million

Standard widetrack shocks bud still have the springs attached , should be the same as yours , i used to grease them up with white lithium grease every so often but would advise fitting a grease nipple before fitting , easy to keep em greased then , i only changed them because i got kybs and tein springs at decent money .

:wrxsmiley[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=40853.msg467488#msg467488 date=1392924049]
Standard widetrack shocks bud still have the springs attached , should be the same as yours , i used to grease them up with white lithium grease every so often but would advise fitting a grease nipple before fitting , easy to keep em greased then , i only changed them because i got kybs and tein springs at decent money .
[/quote]
sent u email, thanks

Back