Heatsoak management

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So getting bits together for the turbo swap and just wondering what methods are best

Im thinking of one of these:

http://www.designengineering.com/ca...ecific-productst/t4-titanium-turbo-shield-kit

010146_tturbosheild-t6-kit.jpg

Cusco heatshield over that:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_...L=1&SEARCH_MAKER=&SEARCH_VOLKEY=&SEARCH_page=

ImageFromDB.php

Inake pipe is wrapped in DEI reflect-a-gold, and ill do Intercooler to throttle body section too.

Some DEI titanium heatwrap on uppipe and headers.

Anything else i should think of doing?

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=40794.msg466337#msg466337 date=1392327852]
Standard heat shield and spend money else where?
[/quote]

Where elsewhere? :) factory heatshield would be more than the Cusco one, i think a blanket and heat shield would work well together. turbo blanket can be gotten cheap enough on amazon

that's mad money for a blanket, whats the difference between that one and the ebay ones for 50/60 euro :dontknow:

I looked into this a while back with Ciaran he said 99% are a fire hazard need to be major carefull on which one you get he thought he had one sorted form a reputable company but that company stopes selling em after a few reported fires bit of a mine feild

I have a PTP one on mine now, fitted the last few years but it wont last being transferred onto the new turbo so i need to source something new that will fit over the new turbo. Im not sure if a factory heat shield will fit. 170 dollars for the DEI one which are a reputable company. Other option is to get the hot side ceramic coated, which involves disassembling the turbo and sending off the hotside to Zircotec. I dont think i have the skills to do that or any trader would be willing to do that!

Coating costs(prices going through Mytrex in Cork):
Performance white coating costs 190 euro.
Perfomance colors costing costs 220 euro.
Primary black coating costs costs 133 euro.

Excluding shipping costs both ways

Ill contact Zircotec directly and see what their prices come in like

I will still need to wrap the headers and uppipe though as up pipe came with no factory shielding since its been fitted to mine so wrap needs to be replaced after 2.5 years and headers heatshielding is badly rusted through at the front and loose and rattling! Or again get this ceramic coated which would be mental money for them i guess! and have been told it can only really work properly and bond with new parts

You won't need the heat shield if you go with a Dei turbo blanket.. They are fantastic.

The titanium heat wrap isn't as good as the normal not as attractive Tan coloured stuff... Something about the titanium stuff being more of an open weave and heat escapes as a result..

DEI Really is top quality stuff, and well worth the money IMO.

Back