Forge bov spring recomdations...

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Alright any advice on what spring to put in the forge bov (Eli might know)
I thought the one in mine blowing a little early and to short sharp dump and when Ciaran had the car asked him the same he recomded a spring with more resistance or go back to the factory set up after looking it up on you tube might be worth putting a little grease inside it too anyone any experance with the above ?

My car boosting at 1.2

Cheers
Ciaran

get yourself a hks ssqv Ciaran the boost works the opposite way in an ssqv and actually keeps it closed rather than blowing it open so no issues anymore

I'd get rid and go standard
And you won't sound like the 15A
But that's just me (I'm old)

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=40783.msg466198#msg466198 date=1392242294]
get yourself a hks ssqv Ciaran the boost works the opposite way in an ssqv and actually keeps it closed rather than blowing it open so no issues anymore
[/quote]

Good recimdation dec :goodjob:
Fair few quid though : ( sound good though and see what u mean boost helps Keeps it shut nice design
Believe the factory ones never leak though I'd loose any dump sound with factory set up though? (never heard one with factory)....

And I believe the one I have not leaking boost just dumping abit to early and short for the boost I'm running..

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=40783.msg466200#msg466200 date=1392242348]
I'd get rid and go standard
And you won't sound like the 15A
But that's just me (I'm old)
[/quote]

I hear ya Keith and oem parts are underrated in my opinion a friend had that hks and it was dumping just driving normally (so people think ur a twat) mabay there was something wrong with his :dontknow:
Like the forge so might try diff stiffer spring and bit of grease see how I go then go to factory been offered a factory one from "Garry sti" here foc (top man) but dosent fit as off a 2001 fossie and Ciaran Asd thought he has a few in lock up and was going to foc me one too but he dosent have just supised there aren't loads of people with em In a press or garage somewhere

i took off my Forge as it drove shite no matter what spring i used, and that was with the full recirc model. Do you have spare springs to try or need some springs? I have 3 different colored springs there for mine, you can try see if they fit and what works best. ill probably sell mine soon since in back on the standard one. its fine up to 21 psi.

Good to know dan cheers for the offer Colm has spare springs there so we are going to have a look at it tomorow where did you go about buying your factory one ?
Or did you still have from the car ornigaly?

Sorry ciaran, ive no idea, only had it on my car for 2 weeks and never changed the spring, didnt even know ya could change it in the forge tbh!

[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=40783.msg466214#msg466214 date=1392244470]
Good to know dan cheers for the offer Colm has spare springs there so we are going to have a look at it tomorow where did you go about buying your factory one ?

[/quote]

Have the original, actually think i have a spare one too! Not sure it would fit your wrx though, ill see can i find it, Show us a picture of the flange on yours. ( the BOV that is!)

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=40783.msg466219#msg466219 date=1392244684]
[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=40783.msg466214#msg466214 date=1392244470]

[/quote]

Have the original, actually think i have a spare one too! Not sure it would fit your wrx though, ill see can i find it, Show us a picture of the flange on yours. ( the BOV that is!)
[/quote]

I'll be at car tomoro eve dan so can have a look then mabay someone here would know if they are the same?

do you live near me(Firhouse/Ballycullen/Knocklyon)? I can meet up with you after to work to have a look if you want

I run 1.3 bar and yellow spring no issues.
Tried a red spring just getting fluttering when you close the throttle which was annoying as fu*k and sounds bent.It was the reason I got rid of the ssqv as well,

No difference in performance just noise

I have a GFB bov - was given to me as a present. Quite a pricey bit of kit, buy you can select how loud you want the bov to be, or don't allow it to vent at all. Best of both worlds.

Back