Hearing air flow inside the cabin? Hawk

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Hey guys,

So, I am trying to find the reason of cause, why is that happening and where it may be coming from.

Since day 1 I got the car, I noticed, that on passenger's side there is probably a hole in the lining, so when going 40+km/h I can hear the airflow - now I am not sure whether it comes from the door or windshield. Windshield looks original, considering its 2007 year, it is a bit scratched and has small dints(only visible when direct sunlight goes in) so I assume that was never changed(which is a good thing).

So one option could be wrongly fitted winscreen, or the rubber arround might get older? But there is no water getting in!
Second option is probably near the side mirror, there might be some hole or something(again, missing or old rubber) but eye inspection shows nothing and its exactly same as on driver's side
Third option is, borderless windows, possibly the rubber might be old and need replacing, but again by eye inspection I cannot see any faults and looks ok to me.

Did anyone have similar issue with Hawk? possibly other newage? if yes what was the cause and how much was it to fix?

Check the firewall on the passenger footwell between engine and cabin. Sometimes a rubber grommet might have popped out where cables etc come through. :dontknow:

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=40775.msg466132#msg466132 date=1392218819]
High winds at the moment 100mph so could be just that ?
[/quote]

no not really, because I have this issue since I god the car, yes, when I drive on highway 120+ I can hear that on both sides and its normal, but this is everytime when 40+ even when there is no wind outside. of course if there is counterwind, I can hear it even at stationary position

Check the firewall on the passenger footwell between engine and cabin. Sometimes a rubber grommet might have popped out where cables etc come through.

I sure will check that, but as far as I was able to recognize, the sound is coming more from the top part of the seat...

Getting the same thing, it annoys the life out if me, think mine is coming from plastic trim on passenger door underneath the mirror as there is a dent in it.

Going to get someone over the next couple of days to drive my car and sit in the passenger and see where it is coming from along with a rattle in the door area also.

If I find anything I will let you know.

Do you have wind deflectors fitted? I had this on mine turns out the deflectors were cracked, took them off and wind noise was greatly reduced. Also worth the the side window weather seal is seated properly and not popped out anywhere

No winddeflectors fitted

Jamie: Yep, I think its from the mirror too

Keith: Yes please, let me know if you find out where it comes from if you find out. You live somewhere in Dublin right? I could give you a ride and you could check mine and vice-versa?:D

Artoir: Yes, that I get too when reaching 160kmh+ but not always, only with certain direction of counterwind and certain strength.. I remember that once I was doing 200+ and I dont remember the noise and then the other day 150 and I got scared shitless when it started, thinking something broke down...

aparently this seems like common issue, maybe some more technical lads here might know more about it ::Thinking about Davelegacy:: :eek7:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=40775.msg466273#msg466273 date=1392295191]
or maybe just drive with the speed limits :)
[/quote]

All on track of course.

turn the mirrors in and put some self adhesive velcro on straight across the bottom and fold the mirrors back on top of it will sort the problem out :thumbsup: its the wind whistling between the mirror body and the plate :goodjob:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=40775.msg466273#msg466273 date=1392295191]
or maybe just drive with the speed limits :)
[/quote]

best idea of day, have a karma mate:)

Back