oil

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey lads changing the oil in th legacy during the week an d was wondering whats the best oil to get?? what grade should i be using?? :ponder:

hi ian im good friends with a mechanic and he told me use millers 10w 60 fully synthetic. but try asking a few more people first just to make sure :thumbsup:

It really depends on your usage from what ive researched on this..for example if your running short journeys in you car on a regular basis 10w60 or even 15w50 will take too long to get up to temperature...10w40 should be fine for all circumstances unless your running big power

IMO the best Oil is Motul or Millers CFS fully syn but others would do you no doubht. I would defo use fully syn anyway.

Damo

A fully synthetic 15W 50 seems to be the better option. I opened this can of worms when I joined here and that's what result I got after what could only be described as an out right war.

Mobil 1, Millers and Motul do decent fully synthetic 15W 50. They are designed specifically for high performance turbo car. Says so on the tin. Not cheap but worth it in the long run.

Yeah as above a 15w 50 from Motul or mobil 1 is what ive used in my impreza

I use Silkolene Pro S 10w/50 Oil sent to me by Roger Clarke Motorsport. I do a combination of short runs and motorway driving.

i myself use the Shell Fully Synthetic 10W 40, my understanding of it is...............
that if its good enough for FERRARI its great for Subaru

Sti Garda :smokin:

motul 15/50 usually...but running with castrol 10/60...seems ok but seem to think it sounds a little tappety at the moment... :dunno:

I'm using castrol magnatec also. sed duckhams semi before that. I'll be trying motul next I think.

yeah i was happy with motul...i think i will try mobile 1 next time...thats meant ta be pretty good to,also expensive...€22 for 1ltr bottle at halfords.... :shock: :shock:

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=4653.msg49914#msg49914 date=1198092480]
yeah i was happy with motul...i think i will try mobile 1 next time...thats meant ta be pretty good to,also expensive...€22 for 1ltr bottle at halfords.... :shock: :shock:
[/quote]

At that price id stick to Motul, its better oil then Mobil 1 and cheaper then that price.

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=4653.msg49935#msg49935 date=1198094176]
If i can get it..... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
[/quote]

LOL I normaly have loads and do now, if I dont its only for a week or so at a time. Sorry about that :?

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=4653.msg49914#msg49914 date=1198092480]
[/quote]

NOw that you mention it I used get the Mobil1 in halfords too until they stopped stocking the 5l bottle ! :angry:
Got have 10w40 in hte car now but find it alot more tappety ( if such a word exists ) :?

Have gone back to 15w50 again, have ordered Motul from Damien :thumbsup:

mack

thanks for the advice lads, will be using the legacy more often now as in every day going to work, as killed my clio van with a ditch last week, :cry: but a neighbour who was in front of me decided to kill his corolla with a 2ft thick wall. :shock: ouch!!! but every o.k so not too bad!!! :cheers:

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=4653.msg49776#msg49776 date=1198016321]
I use 10W 60 in the impreza, Castrol edge :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Same as... was recommended as too was Slikolene 10W 50.... by Litchifield. I was also told to check the oil weekly!

Back