Second key not working

mum4k

Sunday Drivers
And by "not working" I mean that it does not start the car. Probably the immobiliser chip? Not sure how these work so any advice is appreciated.

Is there a way to code it into the car? Or do I need to go to the dealer? I changed the battery, but I do not think that the battery in the key has anything to do with this.

hold the key that works beside the ignition when tyring to start will tell you if its an immobilizer problem

I tried that, but it did not help. Maybe I wasn't holding it close enough.

What else could it be if not the immobiliser? And how can this be solved if it is the immobiliser?

the key probably needs to be programed to the car again, happened to my brothers blob wrx a few years back.....
any garage or locksmith with the softwear should be able to do it.....

Hm, I heard this few times already. The key itself has something that resembles immobiliser chip in it.

afaik jdm = no immobiliser chip on "nearly" all models

if there was a chip in the key it should look like this

PCF7936AS-ID46-philips-transponder-Crypto-blank-font-b-chip-b-font-auto-font-b-key-b.jpg

or
Transponder-CHip-2-1024x745.jpg

compare inside of working key to non working key to make sure chip is actually there .

had second key ever worked ? (started the car) possibly a non chipped key

Both keys look the same (when opened) and both have the chip. I was told that the second key used to work before.

This was fixed today. Bob programmed the ECU to accept both keys. Turns out that the second key was from a different car.

Thanks for the help.

Back