Fitting Brembo's to a WRX

Evobully

Petrolheads
Hi Gents,
I have got hold of a set of Brembos from a Blob STI and I want to put them on my WRX.Same year. Apart from the bigger discs on the front,326 I believe what else do I need?
Thanks.

I was thinking there would be a bracket that holds the caliper to the hub and it would be longer on the sti for the larger discs.

no bolts straight on :thumbsup: the disc sits into the caliper more and the lugs are probley longer on the brembo's but either way they will bolt straight on :thumbsup:

Great news. Thanks. Just need to sort out new discs then. I suppose the back are the same size it's just the larger one for the front and a good set of pads all round. Maybe braided hoses aswell.

Cheers,

They are coming off the car today I have asked for all the bolts and fittings so it should be OK. Are the bolts ok to re-use?

How much did you give for them if you dont mind me asking ?
[quote author=Evobully link=topic=40554.msg463034#msg463034 date=1390815672]
They are coming off the car today I have asked for all the bolts and fittings so it should be OK. Are the bolts ok to re-use?
[/quote]

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=40554.msg1#msg1 date=1390832986]
isnt nivek4209 on here making brackets I think too for rears :dontknow:
[/quote]

He is indeed

Good price :thumbsup:

[quote author=Evobully link=topic=40554.msg463115#msg463115 date=1390839720]
ultraleggra 18's so there should be room. I paid 600 euro shipped from a guy in the uk breaking an STI.
[/quote]

I was happy with the price. My wife wasn't so chuffed though!!
So if I fit the rear calipers I need brackets and with the bigger discs I need these bigger shoes?
Makes sense really.

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=40554.msg1#msg1 date=1390841842]
Good price :thumbsup:

[quote author=Evobully link=topic=40554.msg463115#msg463115 date=1390839720]
ultraleggra 18's so there should be room. I paid 600 euro shipped from a guy in the uk breaking an STI.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Front and back is it

Yep front and back. No point in half mesures. Any recomendation for good discs and pads would be appreciated. Fast road use would ok. Oh and nice looking too.

Back