Boost problem

kevin

Sunday Drivers
Ive a legacy and i have a boost problem on the first turbo theres no smoke its running about 80 percent

Vague post , need more info,

Have you a boost gauge? what does it read and what is it meant to read at 100%?

With the info given... I suggest looking in the spare wheel well for water.

All i want to know if anybody else had this problem and what did they do to fix it .what are the common problems .

[quote author=KENC link=topic=40546.msg462921#msg462921 date=1390768070]
With the info given... I suggest looking in the spare wheel well for water.
[/quote]

Remove spare wheel and Shotgun..... nice easy fix for the boost problem :icon_grin:

ye water ingress is a kunt :icon_grin: have you checked the boost lines theres no info man we'v nothing to go on

[quote author=kevin link=topic=40546.msg462922#msg462922 date=1390768165]
All i want to know if anybody else had this problem and what did they do to fix it .what are the common problems .
[/quote]

But sure you dont even say what boost its making on the first turbo ?And what its supposed to make

i.v a pain in my big toe the other one's fine anyone got any ideas . you get the idea kevin were not trying to be smart but theres no info there

All i was asking what the common problems are is turbo shagged is it a pipe leaking just what to look for .there was no need for the sarcasm .

[quote author=kevin link=topic=40546.msg462937#msg462937 date=1390769196]
All i was asking what the common problems are is turbo shagged is it a pipe leaking just what to look for .there was no need for the sarcasm .
[/quote]

Cant give you a 100% answer over a forum , and with the lack of info you have given I wont even suggest any .....

I was only having a bit of crack with you..
Look more info is needed, I don't know by what you mean by the 80% thing.
Anything twin turbo is a pain in the nuts...
Has it ever run ok? Is it a recent problem? Have you done anything to cause the problem? Are you going by a gauge or by feel?

What you have given us in info is like going to a doctor and saying I'm not well.... Help me

Car was goin fine up to a week ago then i noticed i hadnt the same power as before from take off to about 50 mph was taking a bit longer it felt sluggish until i presume the 2nd turbo cuts in and then she goes . And im not asking ye to fix it i just want to know from somebody that had the same symptoms and how they sorted it , i dont know how much pressure i havent gone to a garage yet .there is bound to be somebody that had the same problems and when i get it to garage i might be able to talk more technically

No boost gauge so but have a boost problem?

Hazzard a guess at seized primary turbo,

We'll twin turbo systems are a nightmare to pin point a problem with... All the associated pipe work can be a bit of work.
You really need to get a gauge on and see what boost it's making, you may see low boost, boost needle flapping around, no boost, or perfect boost... Each one of these wi point you on a certain direction..
It may not be boost related at all... Maybe afm, knock sensor etc etc... Or maybe all in your head... Get a reliable boost gauge on it ASAP

Oh and yes legacy a are known to temperamental... Bit a lot of the time it can be down to vacuum/ boost piping being fitted the wrong way

Back