What brake pads is everyone runing and how u rate em?

EBC redstuff, I think they are grand, dont have to get much heat into them to work and they never let me down on recent roundtrip to the ring.

Wonder do you find the red or yellows as rough on the front as the cl rc5+ I have on mine alone with groved disks (Got yellow stuff in back)
When braking steadily from a medium speed the cls are very rough...

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=40417.msg460908#msg460908 date=1389947584]
Godspeed Kevlar road pads... not bad either.
[/quote]
same here ,ok but might try a better set next .

EBC bluestuff, fine for everyday use, good when cold, great for a spirited blast, easy on discs, Dont last so long on track though before they get to hot and you get a lot of pad transfer onto disc

Carbon Lorraines RC8 up front. Ferodo DS2500 rear. Had Ferodos all round. Found them no good until warm. Scary.
The RC8's transformed the braking on road and track. One touch of the brake gives instant bite and progressive feel. I think they are very hard on discs though which is no harm as i want to change them for AP floating discs. They do squeal sometimes at slow speed. But i actually enjoy that lol.
I should add the brakes are on Alcon 8-pots front. 4-pot rear. 14" discs.

DS2500 here too.great on road and track, no fade at all.
Just a good bite and solid pedal.

Padgid blue are very good but quite expensive also.

[/quote]

your only showing off now :icon_pray: :icon_pray: :icon_grin: :icon_grin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: stop on a dime :thumbsup:

Currently have Padgid blues on the Hawk and they are fine for the road, but don't think they'd last well on a trackday.

Previous experience:

- Ferodo DS2500s and found them great for combined road and track use.
- Mintex 1144s are ok for combined use too
- EBC Redstuff I found a bit disappointing with heavy use and the Greenstuff less good than even OEM padsl - never tried the Yellowstuff though and loads on here giving them thumbs up so might try them.
- Had Blackdiamond predators on the v3 and liked them a lot.

For all of them though you need quality discs as cheap or OEM discs tend to warp with heavy breaking due to the higher heat generated by the higher friction pads.

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=40417.msg460954#msg460954 date=1389969811]

[/quote]

your only showing off now :icon_pray: :icon_pray: :icon_grin: :icon_grin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: stop on a dime :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yeah Joe. :icon_nana: I was never impressed with them until i got the CL RC8. They should be standard issue. That pad only comes in RC8(race spec>, so i was a little hesitant but delighted i did now. :653:

Yellow stuff up front, I find them very good.
I had the Godspeed but found them very numb, had to really step on it to stop

Cl RC5 + pads are starting to squeak and be noisey now after the track day.
Yellow stuff in the rear.

I will go back to yellow stuff up front until next track day,
Then put in the CL RC5+.
Great bite off them for track day.
But think they might be baking onto my alloys.

Back