Tablet recommedations wanted.

nic spec c

Octane Boostaholics
Would appreciate for someone in the know to offer their 2cents on what tablet would be the best to get,
I don't need it for anything other than the usual stuff, music, pictures, logging onto the forum and maybe some low-key office work mainly invoices, quotations etc, also must have usb, hdmi yada yada
Price range €250-€320ish

Thanks in advance,
Nick :xmas_cheers:

I agree with that. If you want something of a good quality it is either iPad or Nexus 7.

iPad is more about the looks and I would choose it if the budget was higher and your priority was on getting the "cool stuff". Or if you were a heavy user of apple cloud and iTunes.

In all other cases I recommend going for Nexus 7. It is affordable, provides all what you mentioned and it is more flexible than iPad. I would not recommend getting any other Android tablet though. The other companies usually change the software (Nexus 7 runs the original android from Google) by adding their own applications and looks. This mostly results in worst software and much slower upgrades, because when Google releases new version and all Nexus 7 users get it the next day, users of the other tablets usually wait up to a year until the manufacturer ports the modifications into the new software.

My 2c.

nexus 7 is best bang for your buck on the androids I think
looked at them for the daughter for christmas but bought the ipad mini instead
only reason was she is used to using my ipad and we have the apple tvs so can air stream stuff and share photos and all that on the devices
but I looked at the nexus 7 and its got a great spec on it
Id go for that if I was going android
want one for the car later in the year
Great tablet :thumbsup:

I got a 32gb WiFi gen 2 version today in work. A lot better than the first ones. And the best android experience u can get and updated first compared to other brands. I have too many android devices at this stage! And cheap. Don't get any of the 10" tablets, they are heavier and more awkward and it gets annoying holding them after a while.

Unless your going 10 inch you may aswell use a smart phone
I have Acer windows 8 tablet, windows 8 hangs all the time and is a bitch to use if you are not used to it. Def go apple or android

[quote author=seanie link=topic=40411.msg460900#msg460900 date=1389946101]
Unless your going 10 inch you may aswell use a smart phone
I have Acer windows 8 tablet, windows 8 hangs all the time and is a bitch to use if you are not used to it. Def go apple or android

[/quote]I disagree, unless you have used both, a 7 inch is much more usable. if your going 10" you might aswell get a laptop!

Having used my Daughters ipad mini
i kind off find my bigger one more cumbersome now
Smaller are a great size for travel etc and you dont really miss the extra size I find

I've never been an apple fan but the missus bought me a Ipad mini retina display for crimbo and I'm well, impressed with it...although the tech specs don't match up to the Nexus 7 somehow it manages to be faster, it feels much better built ...BUT if it was my money, considering how closely matched they are and the fact that the Nexus 7 is 100 quid cheaper ,I would go for that..as Dan says the 10 inch models are a waste

The IPad mini does have a bigger display than the Nexus 7 but, I find 8 inch models are the perfect size but its down to personal choice as the nexus can sit in your hand in portrait mode which is handy for reading

We got an ipad mini of her mam for christmas, great job and never been an apple fan. Still think they are too restrictive but its great for sitting on the sofa cruising the web. Probably would have got a Nexus myself only her mam was buying us this.

What about nexus phones? I think made by LG, are they any good?

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=40411.msg460985#msg460985 date=1389980292]
We got an ipad mini of her mam for christmas, great job and never been an apple fan. Still think they are too restrictive but its great for sitting on the sofa cruising the web. Probably would have got a Nexus myself only her mam was buying us this.

[/quote]

jail break it and it wont be as restrictive :thumbsup:

[/quote]

I have a Nexus 5, great phone, best sim free value for money phone out there. You always pay a premium for the Apple designs, usually with the aluminium casing, but makes them a little bit heavier.

N7:
http://www.currys.ie/Product/GOOGLE-Nexus-7-by-Asus-2013-16-GB/319810/7.18

Ipad mini
http://www.currys.ie/Product/APPLE-iPad-mini-with-Retina-display-16-GB-WiFi-Space-Grey/321031/7.32

Nexus 5(can be gotten for 288 gbp from uk Google Play store with parcel motel hack)

http://www.expansys.ie/google-nexus-5-16gb-black-255498/

[/quote]

Get real racing 3..

Picked up an LG G Pad 8.3 today from Harvey Normany, seems a good job so far.

Cheers again for taking time to help out :notworthy:

Know nothing about it seen it alright and looked nice even better spec than the nexus 7 I think
Have a lg tv and love it great quality very impressed bye the brand and smack of quality
Post up in a while and let us know how you get on Nick :thumbsup:

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=40411.msg461016#msg461016 date=1389990351]
Know nothing about it seen it alright and looked nice even better spec than the nexus 7 I think
Have a lg tv and love it great quality very impressed bye the brand and smack of quality
Post up in a while and let us know how you get on Nick :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Nice tablet too. Only advantages over nexus 7 are SD card slot and extra bit of screen. For the money iPad mini is probably better choice.

Did you get the Google Play edition Nick as that has android 4.4 and gets new updates quicker

Back