Windows 8... is it crazy Difficult or is it me????????????

KENC

ISDC Club Member
I bought a new Laptop at xmas, Toshiba Satellite.. real nice spec but has Widows 8.... And I can not use the freakn thing, so much so I opt to use my old Laptop with Windows 7 or the IPhone...
Is it me or is it stupidly hard and annoying to use??????????? :banghead

haven't used windows 8 yet my laptop is a Toshiba satellite and on windows 7 what is your issue with it ken

Its just impossible, I end up with pages open and no X to close them down, move your finger over the Touch pad and the page is gone and something else re appears, I have a new Tab window opening up and I loose the page im looking at, even using it off the net seems very complicated the list is endless... Thinking of getting windows 7 on it

Just realised this should probably be in Computer section :oops:

Yeah, I hate windows in general, but windows 8 is the worst so far, tried to use it and just can't get used to it ;)

Why don't you put win7 on it? They might fix win8 eventually...

Nope, definitely not just you, and in "my circles" I do not know anybody who *enjoys* win 8. The touch thing is supposed to be their main feature and arguably I did not try it on a touch laptop ... but from what you are saying I probably don't want to...

The mrs has a windows 8 tab, she can't stand it. She got a windows phone from her parents for Xmas, but swapped it for a android the next day because of the hardship of using the tablet

Jesus it's a f**king nightmare. Bought a new laptop a few months back with it and I still have no clue how it works. Its infuriating!! It's so hard to navigate.

its a pretty piss poor attempt a MS trying to make a tablet/desktop OS in one. But it just fails on so many levels. I've had to use it since May (thanks to the job), and it was a real head scratch-er for sometime, as alot of applications required for my job, just wouldn't load. I'm pretty comfortable with it at this stage; but I don't use it at home. OSX for the main part is what we use and Windows 7 on the gaming PC.

windows 7 isnt bad I find
You might be best getting windows 7 installed
know a fella who installs genuine 7 and office installs for 50 yo yos
only thing is he is in dublin
did a few for me the last 2 months :thumbsup:

Yeah it's a pile of wank, we downgrade all PC's to windows 7. XP is unsupported now unfortunately.

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=40348.msg459897#msg459897 date=1389602401]
windows 7 isnt bad I find
You might be best getting windows 7 installed
know a fella who installs genuine 7 and office installs for 50 yo yos
only thing is he is in dublin
did a few for me the last 2 months :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Interesting, the cheapest genuine win 7 home I can find retails at 80 Eur. Any idea where is he getting them?

KENC, if you want I can help you with the win7 install. At least I can do something to repay your help ;)

However you would have to buy a genuine copy of win7, not sure if it is worth it for you.

Yeah I'm contemplating windows 7 now... The windows 8 is kind of ruining the laptop for me, as I said im opting to use old laptop over it simple because of the windows 8....

I would only really consider it if buying a genuine windows 7, as the last lap top had a copy windows 7 put on it and it turned out to be a bit of a pain as I couldn't get the updates etc etc,..

Really didn't want to have to go and start messing with the lap top already do :(

lad who does mine his are genuine
its just the travel etc leave it with him that is the problem
if you want i can get his details for you
but you may be better off just going on adverts.ie and buying a windows 7 disk yourself etc.
I would think you should just ge 7 installed rather than going trough the pain over the ownership off your laptop :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=40348.msg459910#msg459910 date=1389609419]
Yeah I'm contemplating windows 7 now... The windows 8 is kind of ruining the laptop for me, as I said im opting to use old laptop over it simple because of the windows 8....

I would only really consider it if buying a genuine windows 7, as the last lap top had a copy windows 7 put on it and it turned out to be a bit of a pain as I couldn't get the updates etc etc,..

Really didn't want to have to go and start messing with the lap top already do :(
[/quote]

Plus you will use your touch functionality, have you got all the updates done?

i have it on my laptop i bought about a year ago the four corners of your screen all do something different ken it can be a bit annoying but ive no issues opening multiple pages and shutting them down,what mite be happening with u loosing pages is if your scrolling down using the arrow on the bottom right hand corner you may be hitting the charm bar which closes the page but if u click it again it brings it back

Back