swapping 01 forestor engine into a 96 classic impreza....

Random Rs

Sunday Drivers
as above just made a deal on an engine today with nev, just wondering will the 01 forestor engine loom match up with my 96 loom and ecu?

or will i have to change the lot, ill be changing my own td04 onto the new engine and id prefer to just drop the whole lot in as the inlet manifold is different and iv re painted my own and tidied it up, and i cant swap mainfolds between the engines, so if i can match the wiring looms without modifying them i may have to swap heads.

basically i will have 2 engines, a 96 and an 01, bottom end gone in the 96 and possible valve damage on the 01 but if no valve damage id like to swap my td04 onto it an drop the whole lot in in one go if it will match up loom wise, if there is valve damage i plan on using my 96 heads on the 01 bottom end and can just use my 96 parts.

advice please

Thanks
Dan

Think the 01 heads won't work for you and as far as I have read you'd be better off without them they won't produce much bhp as cam profiles are different

thats grand ill swap the heads over so which was my original plan, just hoped it might have worked out differently oh well

cheers guys

Re: Re: swapping 01 forestor engine into a 96 classic impreza....

[quote author=Random Rs link=topic=40289.msg1#msg1 date=1389136147]
thats grand ill swap the heads over so which was my original plan, just hoped it might have worked out differently oh well

cheers guys
[/quote]

Nope.

Only short block.
Need the rest from your own car.

Re: Re: swapping 01 forestor engine into a 96 classic impreza....

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=40289.msg459012#msg459012 date=1389143279]
[quote author=Random Rs link=topic=40289.msg1#msg1 date=1389136147]

cheers guys
[/quote]

Nope.

Only short block.
Need the rest from your own car.
[/quote]

thats what i meant, as in use my heads on this bottom end with my manifolds and turbo

i dont do good explanations ha

Back