Most beneficial wheels?

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
I have the 07 hawk and I would like to get different wheels, right now I have the standard 16inches, with 205/50/16 yokohamas on them. I dont like the tyres at all, coz they tend to be very slipery on wet road and I dont feel comfortable/confident enough with them when its raining(and fook it, here in Ireland is nonstahp rain)

so I was thinking about getting 8inches wide 17inches wheels, and fit them with probably 225/45/17 tyres(not sure what brand yet, will need to go through some reviews)? What do you guys think? I believe that getting proper wheels and tyres is the most important part on the car, as thats the thing that keeps you on road(or not)

Does this sound real? how is the size of tyres going to affect my ability to drive? are the wider tyres/wheels gonna have any impact on agility of the car? is it gonna be any slower?

Thanks

215/45/17 or 225/45/17 either or as for tyres everyone have there own choices mine are bridgestone pontazas re050 or Michelin ps3's :thumbsup: re050 are good value on camskill at 101 euros a corner :yellowthumb:

Iv tried alot of tyre combinations over the years from the classic to present blob eye impreza. I found the 225 45 17 a good comprise over the standard 16 inch wheels on the classic with mininal differance in driving , performance etc. Also 8 X 17 inch are standard on the later blob eye sti and work lovely so I presume would be fine for you car if it is the new pcd of 114.3 ., tyres another matter altogether, personal choice and what your using car for, for everyday driver like me im using kumho 225 40 18 on my 2006 sti which I find great, even in crap clare backroads, 17s should give your car more presence anyway, enjoy

Back